What's new

Extermination (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Extermination comes out for the PS2 today. I am a sucker for Survival Horror games and I think have played evey one that has ever been made!
The Resident Evil series is the standard by which all these games are compared to and a few like Silent Hill, Onimusha, have come close to their greatness.
Others like Carrier on the other hand......mediocre at best.
I am looking forward to picking this one up today as it sounds very interesting. Sort of a hybrid
of Resident Evil/Metal Gear Solid/Dino Crisis/Onimusha meets John Carpenter's The Thing! :)
I'll post my thoughts later after I have played for a while. Considering the insane amount of time I have contributed to Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, I am looking forward to a break from all that driving.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Tino, so far, the reviews for Extermination have been mixed, at best. Go to Game Rankings and check out a couple. The general opinion is that this game is a "renter". Apparently, the game has promise, but suffers as a result of numerous flaws. Personally, I'm waiting for Devil May Cry and Silent Hill 2.
Gary
------------------

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link, Gary! I've been looking for a good source of reviews.

------------------
- Dave

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=bickle

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
O.K, here are my initial thoughts
after an hour or so of playing.
Graphics are O.K, but not nearly at the level that the PS2 is capable of. Lip synching is horrible and the voice talent is expectedly bad. Camera is very annoying so far and is hard to control. Hopefully it get's better.
Unfortunately, this game reminds me more of Carrrier than of Resident Evil, and that's NOT a good thing. The music is actually very reminiscent of Ennio Morricone's music in The Thing..naturally.
So far it's OK...I won't reccommend it as a purchase yet until I've played it a bit more. Thank god for the return policy at EB just in case it doesn't get better :)
PS..Thanks Gary for that link. I was also looking for such a site. Very useful.
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks