Experience with Accessories4Less?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Bruce White, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Bruce White

Bruce White Stunt Coordinator

Who has done business with Accessories4Less? I am strongly leaning toward picking up my receiver from them along with an extended warranty. I believe Onkyo's usual warranty for a new receiver is a limited 2 year warranty, whereas the factory refurbs at A4L is only 1 year. I could pick up the maximum extended warranty for $50, bringing it to 5 years.

Has anyone had to "use" their warranty with A4L? If so, how does it work?

Thanks for your insights!

Bruce

2. Type A

Type A HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Ty
    Lots of folks have done business with them. I personally have ordered two receivers from them and have no complaints. I would imagine their extended warranty is solid but I dont have any personal experience with it.

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
    I've bought a receiver and later an iPod dock for it and no complaints and I recommended a friend who bought a receiver with no complaints. I went with the extended warranty from Warrantech on mine. They are an independent network, however, I have noted that not all are happy with them on reviews - http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/warrantech.aspx

4. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Warrantech is also sold by ProjectorPeople.

5. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Ac4l.com now uses New Leaf as their warranty company. A quick search shows New Leaf was started by two guys that also started Warrantech. The BBB gives them an A- rating but I don't think they have been in business very long. Everythings a gamble no matter what or where you buy but I still think a

6. Bruce White

Bruce White Stunt Coordinator

I went ahead and ordered an Onkyo TX-NR717 from Accessories4Less + extended warranty. Thanks, all!

7. Brainwasher

Brainwasher Stunt Coordinator

Luke
    I have had a few orders with them, including a surge protector. Everything went smooth. The shipping was a bit slow, but arrived in good shape and worked as advertised. I would rate them well as an online vendor.

8. David+H

David+H Extra

I just purchased a Denon AVR 1913 from A4L and things went smoothly. Ordered online Monday and it arrived Fed Ex ground today (Wednesday). I have not set it up yet to confirm it works but the ordering and shipping process was quick and easy

9. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    I have made a couple of reciver purchases from them with no problems.

10. rajkiran610

rajkiran610 New User

Raj
    I am planning to order refurbished Yamaha Home theatre from Accessories4less. I haven't purchased anything from this site before. Does any one have purchased from this site recently? Please share you experience.

Thanks,

Raj

11. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
    I wouldn't worry too much about a standard purchased as they are factory authorized. The big question above appears to be the extended warranty (beyond) the one year you get which is done by a third party. I'll likely buy a couple of receivers over the next year or so from them. Just waiting for newer technology to get into what they carry.

12. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Ac4l has added a few brands over the last couple of years including Wharfdale, KEF, Cambridge Audio and a few Integra models.

Many ac4l avr's come with free shipping but if you want to return it they will deduct the shipping charges from the refund amount. I'm sure other e-tailers do the same thing but just thought I'd mention it.

Also, after you've selected a receiver check Amazon and others for a price comparison. Example: right now Amazon has the Yamaha 1030 new for $699 shipped. Same as ac4l for a refurb.

Otherwise, buy with confidence from ac4l.com. They're not perfect either but Denon, Yamaha, Marantz, etc. wouldn't hitch their wagon to them if they weren't legit.