What's new

International EXODUS (Studio Canal) (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Studio Canal has released Otto Preminger's EXODUS in Germany on Blu-ray with English and German audio tracks and removable (on/off) German subtitles. I haven't watched the Blu-ray yet so I can't comment on the audio and video quality. Just popped it in the Toshiba and changed the region to "B" and checked out the subtitles. Apparently from what I read the French release incorporated burned in subtitles (they could not be turned off).
Video: 1080P/24
Audio: English Surround DTS-MA (Loseless), German Mono DTS-MA
Region: B
Subtitles: German on/off
Thank goodness they didn't mess with the audio and changed it to 5.1 or 7.1 when the true loseless is surround. I will advise on the video/audio quality next week.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yes, the French release has Engish subtitles that are not removable in any way that can be discussed here. I am happy with the transfer per se, if only because it is a billion light years better than the MGM DVD, but it is certainly not flawless. I keep wondering why the intermission is dropped. I know just where it belongs, but it is omitted.
I am anxious to know about the quality of the German release.
Apparently, MGM/Sony have no interest in this film domestically, which is a shame.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
The transfer is very good on the quality of the Blu-rays we are seeing from Twilight. It appears the studio/distributor is taking the best negative they have and with very little clean-up transferring to Blu-ray. It is on a par of older catalog titles on Blu-ray such as, Fall of the Roman Empire, El Cid, Alexander the Great, not reference Blu-ray but much much better than the DVD. In Exodus the DVD was horrible a letterbox 4 x 3 so it didn't take much to improve upon it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks