What's new

Excuses you will use to get out of Work to see SWII (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'll just wait for the VHS rental.
Oh Klones! I mean Clones! I thought you lot were talking about that other film you know the other one, Attack of the Killer Klowns.;)
No I'll definitely see this at night, I like night audiences, more responsive, the daytime crowd are hmmm a bit off in my experience, no offence to all the forum guys and gals who would prob see this at 9am in the morning, I hate coming out a cinema and its still broad daylight, just unnatural IMO.
And I'll wait till the second week to see it, after some of the furore has died down a bit and all the lightsabre wielding fans have calmed down.:D

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I put in for a personal day on the 16th so I won't have to make up some bullshit(and besides, quite a few people I work with know I'm a SW fan so a lie wouldn't wash!).

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Mike, people can make as much fun as they want. Considering I'll be on cloud nine watching a film I've been keeping tabs on for the past three years. Guess who'll have the most fun ;)
And I DEFINITELY recommend catching the movie on opening night. Watching one of the first showings means you'll be surrounded by hardcore SW fans, meaning no one will spoil the experience by chit-chatting through the whole thing.
As far as theathrical experiences go, nothing beats watching a SW movie on opening night :) For me, anyway.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully N'Sync won't have too big a part in the film.
:laugh: N'Sync isn't even in the film Guy. In a Maxim Magazing interview, when asked about N'Sync, Lucas laughed and stated they weren't even in the film, and it seems they never were.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have classes to attend with. I'll probably think something up, get some to get me the notes, etc. If not, I'll check it out the night of the 16th.

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
I have requested the week off so that I can go up to Boston and see AOTC with my parents and my best friend.

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
I took a vacation day for the 16th but now I've got tickets to a press screening on the 10th so I had to take another vacation day.

But who cares. It's Star Wars, dag-nabit.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
If I hadn't gained a few (ahem) extra pounds over the years, I'd wear one of my 3 original Star Wars t-shirts. They're faded and worn (did I mention that I saw SW over 100 times when it was first released?) but still wearable. Alas, but not by me. Never had a lightsaber though...

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I plan on calling in sick the day before around the early afternoon so as not to draw attention to the fact that I am calling in sick on the day of the movie's release.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I plan on calling in sick the day before around the early afternoon so as not to draw attention to the fact that I am calling in sick on the day of the movie's release.
smiley_rotflmao.gif
You sly devil.

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
Might take off work that day, my boss is pretty cool like that. However, I am a big fan of night crowds as well (I dig the enthusiasm), so I may catch it at night.
I wonder how many folks are out there who can't post on this thread because they are already standing in line.:)
And as for being a geek, I really do not see the difference between guys like myself who know who Bossk and IG-88 are and the guys who know the starting lineup of every NFL team. You never hear terms like "Sports Geek" or "Football Geek." I find that a little puzzling. Have you ever heard guys (or gals) have a sports discussion? They sound just like us, but with different names and material.
Of course, there isn't an entire segment of the nightly news devoted to SW like there is to Sports. :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I won't need to wait until May 16th. Can't say more right now, but you guys KNOW where my first stop will be after seeing this movie! :)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Give us the dirt as soon as you leave that theater, Scott! But remember, no spoilers :D!
-Tom

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
We know Scott won't give much away, if anything at all. But man you have to hate these guys that get to see films a few weeks early.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
You never hear terms like "Sports Geek" or "Football Geek."
I do. I've been called that, as well as a Star Wars geek.

Besides, I don't think you can compare the two. Sports is continuing series of events. A movie (or series of movies) is a stand-alone piece of entertainment. You can't really "follow" Star Wars- once you've seen it, that's it.

It makes more sense to compare a sports geek to a sci-fi geek, someone who digs science fiction in various forms, of which Star Wars is only one; or a movie geek.

Jim J

Second Unit
I too took thursday and friday off.

I started not going to school or work with ESB when I was 13. My grandather told my Mom, that I wasn't going to school that day, We need to go see the movie.

He'll be with me this time too. as well as some friends and family. Looking at an early afternoon show.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
"I'm going to go see Episode 2. See ya".

Actually I'll see it midnight on opening day, so I won't need time off work.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
No excuses. I simply booked May 16th and 17th off.
Up at my cubicle, I have a Star Wars countdown posted. I can't believe there's only 14 more days to go!
As I did with Episode I, my email auto-reply for those days will indicate something like "You are working. I am watching Star Wars. Hahahaha." :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks