What's new

EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time July/August Titles (1 Viewer)

askari23

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Thompson
Seven titles for me!

I can't say thank you enough to Twilight Time for Follow That Dream and The Secret of Santa Vittoria. Two of my favorites from the 60's.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Only a couple for me this time around, but they're goodies. The Woody Allen goodness continues with Radio Days (one of my personal faves from him), and one of the great rock 'n roll movies, The Buddy Holly Story, featuring a deservedly Oscar-nominated performance by Gary Busey (in the days before he went batshit-crazy).

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
Ronald Epstein said:
2014 to date…

KHARTOUM (1966) BLU-RAY - Jan 21st
ZULU (1963) BLU-RAY - Jan 22nd
TITUS (1999) BLU-RAY - Jan 21st
MAN IN THE DARK 3-D (1953) BLU-RAY - Jan 21st
CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS (1989) BLU-RAY - Feb 11th
THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT (1974) BLU-RAY - Feb 11th
THE BLUE MAX (1966) BLU-RAY - Feb 11th
THE EDDY DUCHIN STORY (1956) BLU-RAY - Feb 11th
THE FRONT (1975) BLU-RAY - Feb 25th
BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA (1974) BLU-RAY - March 11th
EQUUS (1977) BLU-RAY w/In From The Cold: The World of Richard Burton (1988) - March 11th
CONRACK (1974) BLU-RAY - March 11th
ALL THE KING'S MEN (1949) BLU-RAY - March 11th
FEVER PITCH (1997) BLU-RAY - March 11th
BROADWAY DANNY ROSE (1984) BLU-RAY - April 8th
WILD AT HEART (1990) BLU-RAY - April 8th
MR HOBBS TAKES A VACATION (1962) BLU-RAY - April 8th
USED CARS (1980) BLU-RAY - April 8th
RITA, SUE, AND BOB TOO (1986) BLU-RAY - April 8th
THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO (1966) / THUNDERBIRD 6 (1968) BLU-RAY - May 13th
ROLLERBALL (1975) BLU-RAY - May 13th
THE FIRM (2009) BLU-RAY - May 13th
FATE IS THE HUNTER (1964) BLU-RAY w/To Whom it May Concern: Ka Shen's Journey (2010) - May 13th
TWO RODE TOGETHER (1961) BLU-RAY - May 13th
THE MECHANIC (1972) BLU-RAY - June 10th
THE TRAIN (1964) BLU-RAY - June 10th
HEAVEN KNOWS, MR ALLISON (1957) BLU-RAY - June 10th
RESURRECTED (1989) BLU-RAY - June 10th
THE MAN FROM LARAMIE (1955) BLU-RAY - June 10th
BRANNIGAN (1975) BLU-RAY - July 8th
VIOLENT SATURDAY (1955) BLU-RAY - July 8th
RADIO DAYS (1987) BLU-RAY - July 8th
BORN YESTERDAY (1950) BLU-RAY - July 8th
SAVE YOUR LEGS! (2012) BLU-RAY - July 8th
FOLLOW THAT DREAM (1962) BLU-RAY - Aug 12th
THE SECRET OF SANTA VITTORIA (1969) BLU-RAY - Aug 12th
RIFF RAFF (1991) / RAINING STONES (1993) BLU-RAY - Aug 12th
THE BUDDY HOLLY STORY (1978) BLU-RAY - Aug 12th
BORN YESTERDAY is one of the greatest comedies of ALL time.SECRET OF SANTA VITTORIA .Is brilliant and HEAVEN KNOWS MR ALLISON is a classic.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
Paul Rossen said:
It would not surprise me if Solomon and Sheba is eventually released by Twilight Time.

Truly one of the most tedious films ever released in 70mm.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Follow that Dream , Buddy Holly , Born Yesterday and possibly 2 more. Looking back at Ronald Epstein's list of 2014 releases , there are at least 2 more titles there I'm interested in . I still need to check TT 's list of older titles since i'm sure there are a few I've missed - when companies do good work you'bve got to give them support .

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
Speaking of older titles, just finished watching The Wayward Bus and was very impressed by it. After watching it again with the fascinating commentary I came to appreciate the picture more and how the limitations of the time kept it from being a true classic. And of course watching Joan Collins and Jayne Mansfield in their prime, both in highly unusual earthy and subdued roles in a movie filled with sexual tension, added greatly to my enjoyment.

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
Were it possible for me to buy products from this label, I'd gladly open my wallet for Radio Days, Riff-Raff and Born Yesterday.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
About 50/50 for me. Which is good because May/June is gonna kill me.

Any chance Brannigan will be a fast sell-out? The mere fact that it's a later John Wayne film will likely assure it gets above average sales.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Matt Hough said:
One of my absolute favorite Woody Allen films Radio Days is part of this line-up. So exciting!
Same here along with Sleeper and Annie Hall. Have seen it shown on the MGM-HD channel and it looks very good!.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
LouA said:
Follow that Dream , Buddy Holly , Born Yesterday and possibly 2 more. Looking back at Ronald Epstein's list of 2014 releases , there are at least 2 more titles there I'm interested in . I still need to check TT 's list of older titles since i'm sure there are a few I've missed - when companies do good work you'bve got to give them support .
You'll find that running list here Lou...everything TT has announced or released to date, including sell outs.

For those who have been wondering about this label's title mix of domestic and foreign titles, that FB page also includes the following comment by Nick Redman:
Nick Redman We made a commitment last year to expand, and that includes films from around the world, not just the U.S. So far, we have licensed a package of British films, both new and older, as well as some from Australia, New Zealand, France, and Japan. A lot of these films will be obscure to many, but all but the biggest blockbusters are in some sense obscure. For us, it's a gamble worth taking, as we intend to have the most esoteric, and wide-ranging slate of pictures one can imagine.
Of course, I love my U.S. Studio classics and deep vault rescues as much as the next guy, but I trust this label's taste and production quality, so their expanded sourcing Internationally is also very welcome. Unlike during the heyday of video rentals, I just don't get to see enough of the good stuff from other countries anymore...most of these little culture-specific windows don't even get released theatrically here now...just the big buzz festival winners.

So far, my only disappointment in that regard is that TT hasn't (yet) found a licensing point of entry into the undeservedly neglected backlog of lost Canuck classics like Phillip Boros' The Grey Fox, or Denis Villeneuve's early Quebec films such as Maelström. Heck, even vintage Cronenberg seems to be a hurdle for Blu-ray.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Violent Saturday, Brannigan, and The Buddy Holly Story are definite pre-orders for me. I'll put the two Ken Loach films on my wish list for the future.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Born Yesterday and The Buddy Holly Story are immediate choices for me .. as long, that is, that we get a new transfer of The Buddy Holly Story, and not the bleached-out fuzzy travesty released a few years back in Region 2 which was way inferior to the existing DVD!

Richard M S

Screenwriter
RADIO DAYS, BORN YESTERDAY and THE BUDDY HOLLY STORY are all exciting choices to me and they will definitely be "Day 1" purchases for sure........that being said, what also excites me is the fact that Home Theater Forum gets "Exclusive" news of Twilight Time's future releases. I love getting advance news of blu-ray releases, lol.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Born Yeterday was one of the announced during one of the guess the movies coming soon contest. I guessed that one. Anyway Radio Days and maybe Born since it was a best picture.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
moviefanatic1979 said:
Follow That Dream, as an Elvis fan, is a must buy for me.
It's the favourite Elvis movie for many Elvis fans. In this comedy Elvis plays a character, instead of the card board cut outs he played in his other 1960's movies. And it features the very likable Arthur O'Connell.

Another point is this:
It's never had an anamorphic dvd release in the US.
This a fine comedy performance by Elvis. I am a big fan and this is one of my favorites.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Nothing for me, but no complaints. My wallet needed a couple of months off.

Potentially I could go for Radio Days. Not my favourite WA but, like pizza and sex, even when it's poor it's pretty good.

Steve W

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I already have Violent Saturday and the only other title of interest is Brannigan. I am finding my purchases are really slowing at the moment. Some interesting Universal sci-fi coming out in Germany, Hit the Deck, and the odd title here and there but not as much as in previous years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks