EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time July/August Titles

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Billy Batson

Billy Batson Cinematographer

Alan
    Nothing that interests me here.

2. askari23

askari23 Auditioning

Brian Thompson
    Seven titles for me!

I can't say thank you enough to Twilight Time for Follow That Dream and The Secret of Santa Vittoria. Two of my favorites from the 60's.

moviefanatic1979 likes this.
  3. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Only a couple for me this time around, but they're goodies. The Woody Allen goodness continues with Radio Days (one of my personal faves from him), and one of the great rock 'n roll movies, The Buddy Holly Story, featuring a deservedly Oscar-nominated performance by Gary Busey (in the days before he went batshit-crazy).

Mark Walker likes this.
  4. cinerama10

cinerama10 Second Unit

peter
    BORN YESTERDAY is one of the greatest comedies of ALL time.SECRET OF SANTA VITTORIA .Is brilliant and HEAVEN KNOWS MR ALLISON is a classic.

ThadK likes this.
  5. cinerama10

cinerama10 Second Unit

peter

6. Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann Supporting Actor

Edmund Lachmann
    Truly one of the most tedious armchair critics ever released into the public arena.

7. LouA

LouA Screenwriter

Lou Antonicello
    Follow that Dream , Buddy Holly , Born Yesterday and possibly 2 more. Looking back at Ronald Epstein's list of 2014 releases , there are at least 2 more titles there I'm interested in . I still need to check TT 's list of older titles since i'm sure there are a few I've missed - when companies do good work you'bve got to give them support .

8. bruceames

bruceames Supporting Actor

Bruce Ames
    Speaking of older titles, just finished watching The Wayward Bus and was very impressed by it. After watching it again with the fascinating commentary I came to appreciate the picture more and how the limitations of the time kept it from being a true classic. And of course watching Joan Collins and Jayne Mansfield in their prime, both in highly unusual earthy and subdued roles in a movie filled with sexual tension, added greatly to my enjoyment.

BPullen, ahollis and ROclockCK like this.
  9. Cine_Capsulas

Cine_Capsulas Second Unit

Gustavo H. Razera
    Were it possible for me to buy products from this label, I'd gladly open my wallet for Radio Days, Riff-Raff and Born Yesterday.

10. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    About 50/50 for me. Which is good because May/June is gonna kill me.

Any chance Brannigan will be a fast sell-out? The mere fact that it's a later John Wayne film will likely assure it gets above average sales.

11. atcolomb

atcolomb Second Unit

Angelo
    Same here along with Sleeper and Annie Hall. Have seen it shown on the MGM-HD channel and it looks very good!.

12. ROclockCK

ROclockCK Screenwriter
    Supporter

Steve
    You'll find that running list here Lou...everything TT has announced or released to date, including sell outs.

For those who have been wondering about this label's title mix of domestic and foreign titles, that FB page also includes the following comment by Nick Redman:
    Of course, I love my U.S. Studio classics and deep vault rescues as much as the next guy, but I trust this label's taste and production quality, so their expanded sourcing Internationally is also very welcome. Unlike during the heyday of video rentals, I just don't get to see enough of the good stuff from other countries anymore...most of these little culture-specific windows don't even get released theatrically here now...just the big buzz festival winners.

So far, my only disappointment in that regard is that TT hasn't (yet) found a licensing point of entry into the undeservedly neglected backlog of lost Canuck classics like Phillip Boros' The Grey Fox, or Denis Villeneuve's early Quebec films such as Maelström. Heck, even vintage Cronenberg seems to be a hurdle for Blu-ray.

13. Jeffrey:K

Jeffrey:K Second Unit

Violent Saturday, Brannigan, and The Buddy Holly Story are definite pre-orders for me. I'll put the two Ken Loach films on my wish list for the future.

14. battlebeast

battlebeast Screenwriter

Warren
    I'll be getting Born Yesterday because, as you all know, I'm collecting all the Best Picture nominees of Blu Ray.

15. AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke Screenwriter

Anthony
    Born Yesterday and The Buddy Holly Story are immediate choices for me .. as long, that is, that we get a new transfer of The Buddy Holly Story, and not the bleached-out fuzzy travesty released a few years back in Region 2 which was way inferior to the existing DVD!

16. Richard M S

Richard M S Supporting Actor

RADIO DAYS, BORN YESTERDAY and THE BUDDY HOLLY STORY are all exciting choices to me and they will definitely be "Day 1" purchases for sure........that being said, what also excites me is the fact that Home Theater Forum gets "Exclusive" news of Twilight Time's future releases. I love getting advance news of blu-ray releases, lol.

17. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    Born Yeterday was one of the announced during one of the guess the movies coming soon contest. I guessed that one. Anyway Radio Days and maybe Born since it was a best picture.

BPullen likes this.
  18. John Hermes

John Hermes Screenwriter

John Hermes
    This a fine comedy performance by Elvis. I am a big fan and this is one of my favorites.

19. Yorkshire

Yorkshire Screenwriter

Steve
    Nothing for me, but no complaints. My wallet needed a couple of months off.

Potentially I could go for Radio Days. Not my favourite WA but, like pizza and sex, even when it's poor it's pretty good.

Steve W

Keith Cobby likes this.
  20. Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby Screenwriter

Keith Cobby
    I already have Violent Saturday and the only other title of interest is Brannigan. I am finding my purchases are really slowing at the moment. Some interesting Universal sci-fi coming out in Germany, Hit the Deck, and the odd title here and there but not as much as in previous years.