What's new

EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT: Twilight Time November/December 2014 Releases (1 Viewer)

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
Awesome batch of movies. I'll be getting most of them (definitely pass on the Streisand movies though).

Twilight Samurai is one of my favorite movies period. I've watched each film in the trilogy at least 4 times (own them on HD DVD and have added subs) and love them all (especially the first two). Tremendous replay value and glad one of the movies will get a little exposure over here (although in only 3000 copies form).

Henry Gondorff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
"Inherit The Wind" Blu Ray - answered prayer.
"Tom Jones" Blu Ray - unanswered.
Holy Grail? "The Devil's Disciple" (Lancaster/Douglas/Olivier). Where? When? Why?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
bruceames said:
Awesome batch of movies. I'll be getting most of them (definitely pass on the Streisand movies though).
Give my PRINCE OF TIDES and I'm all over it! If this does arrive from TT, I hope the Criterion laser disc commentary with Barbra Streisand can be commissioned for it.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Dick said:
Give my PRINCE OF TIDES and I'm all over it! If this does arrive from TT, I hope the Criterion laser disc commentary with Barbra Streisand can be commissioned for it.
+1

I say these words as a prayer, as regret, as praise, I say: Lowenstein, Lowenstein.

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Let me add my enthusiastic support for Twilight Samurai. It's a wonderful film, nominated for the Foreign Language Oscar, for those who care. I think it should have won.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Just a quick update of TT releases by Composer/Score through the end of '14:
Jerry Goldsmith
- Fate is the Hunter [DVD & Blu-ray], Stagecoach [DVD], The Flim-Flam Man [DVD], Our Man Flint, In Like Flint, The Other, The Blue Max, Under Fire, The Vanishing

Alfred Newman
- The Egyptian (co-scored with Bernard Herrmann), The Song of Bernadette, Leave Her to Heaven, Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing, Drums Along the Mohawk (IST N/A), Man Hunt

George Duning - Picnic, Bell Book & Candle, The Eddie Duchin Story, Two Rode Together, The Man From Laramie

Bernard Herrmann - The Egyptian (co-scored with Alfred Newman), Mysterious Island, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Jane Eyre
Alex North - Bite the Bullet, Désirée, The Sound and the Fury, Pony Soldier

Georges Delerue - Rapture, Steel Magnolias, Georges Delerue
Jerry Fielding - Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia, The Mechanic, The Killer Elite
Hugo Friedhofer - Violent Saturday [DVD & Blu-ray], Woman Obsessed [DVD], The Rains of Ranchipur
Ernest Gold - The Secret of Santa Vittoria, Judgement at Nuremberg, Inherit the Wind
Maurice Jarre - Enemy Mine, The Only Game in Town, The Train
Henry Mancini - High Time, Experiment in Terror, Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation
Franz Waxman - Demetrius and the Gladiators, My Cousin Rachel [DVD], Beloved Infidel

Georges Auric - Bonjour Tristesse, Heaven Knows Mr Allison
Stewart Copeland - Riff Raff, Raining Stones
Barry Gray - Thunderbirds are Go, Thunderbird 6
Dave Grusin - The Front, The Fabulous Baker Boys (Announced, No Date Yet)
Michael Small - The Driver, Audrey Rose
John Williams - The Fury, Conrack

Malcolm Arnold - The Roots of Heaven
Daniele Amphitheatrof - Major Dundee (1965 Theatrical)
Burt Bacharach - Lost Horizon (1973)

Angelo Badalamenti - Wild at Heart
Roque Baños - Sexy Beast

John Barry - Zulu
Dee Barton - Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
Richard Rodney Bennett - Nicholas and Alexandra

Elmer Bernstein - Birdman of Alcatraz
Roy Budd - Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger
Geoffrey Burgon - The Dogs of War
David Buttolph - Swamp Water
Christopher Caliendo - Major Dundee (2005 Restoration)
John Carpenter - Christine (co-scored with Alan Howarth)
Ry Cooder - Alamo Bay

Frank Cordell - Khartoum
Ross DiMaggio - Man in the Dark (Musical Director from Stock)
Pino Donaggio - Body Double
Barry De Vorzon - Hard Times
Robert Drasnin - The Kremlin Letter [DVD]

Fred Ebb - Funny Lady (together with John Kander & Peter Metz)
Robert Farnon - The Disappearance
Brad Fiedel - Fright Night

Domenic Frontiere - Brannigan
Ira Gershwin - Cover Girl (co-scored with Jerome Kern - IST N/A)

Paul Glass - Bunny Lake is Missing
Elliot Goldenthal - Titus

Miles Goodwin - La Bamba (together with Carlos Santana)
Ron Goodwin - Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
Mark Governor - Mindwarp
Johnny Green - Oliver!

Louis Gruenberg - All The King's Men (1949)
Marvin Hamlisch - The Way We Were
Leigh Harline - The Wayward Bus

Boo Hewerdine (with Neil MacColl) - Fever Pitch
Michael Hoenig - The Blob '88

Friedrich Hollaender (aka Frederick Hollander) - Born Yesterday
Alan Howarth - Christine (co-scored with John Carpenter)
Lorenz Hart - Pal Joey
Laurie Johnson - First Men In The Moon (Announced, No Date Yet)

Michael Kamen - Rita, Sue, and Bob Too
John Kander - Funny Lady (together with Fred Ebb & Peter Metz)
Kitarô - Heaven and Earth
Michel Legrand - Yentl
Jerome Kern - Cover Girl (co-scored with Ira Gershwin - IST N/A)

Neil MacColl (with Boo Hewerdine) - Fever Pitch
Dennis McCarthy - Used Cars (together with Patrick Williams)
Paul McCullough - Night of the Living Dead (1990)

Rod McKuen - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
Peter Metz - Funny Lady (together with Fred Ebb & John Kander)
Cyril J. Mockridge - Flaming Star (together with Irving Getz - uncredited)
Arthur Morton - The Big Heat (together with Henry Vars)

José Padilla - The Fortune (together with David Shire)
Basil Poledouris - The Blue Lagoon

Andre Previn - Rollerball
Joe Renzetti - The Buddy Holly Story (+ Performance Music)
J. Peter Robinson - The Believers
Richard Rodney Bennett - Equus
Richard Rogers - Pal Joey

Miklos Rozsa - The Golden Voyage of Sinbad
Hans J. Salter - Follow That Dream
Carlos Santana - La Bamba (together with Miles Goodwin)
Lalo Schifrin - Che!
Marc Shaiman - Sleepless in Seattle

David Shire - The Fortune (together with José Padilla)
Howard Shore - Philadelphia
Charles Strouse - Bye-Bye Birdie

Ken Thorne - Royal Flash (Conductor/Music Adaptor)
Isao Tomita - The Twilight Samurai
Henry Vars - The Big Heat (together with Arthur Morton)

Roger Waters - When the Wind Blows
Cornel Wilczek - Save Your Legs
Patrick Williams - Used Cars (together with Dennis McCarthy)
Victor Young - The Left Hand of God [DVD]
Hans Zimmer - As Good As It Gets

With 9 titles, Jerry Goldsmith has pulled decisively ahead of the pack now, followed by Alfred Newman with 6, and George Duning with 5. Both Bernard Herrmann and Alex North still have 4, and Ernest Gold joins Jerry Fielding, Hugo Friedhofer, Maurice Jarre, Henry Mancini, and Franz Waxman with 3 apiece. No change in the 2 range. The rest are all one-offs, with many new composers joining the collection.

* Through December 2014 listed in alphabetical order, and including announced titles for '15 that do not yet have a release date. DVD only titles are shown in [brackets].

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Press Release 11/01/2014​
Twilight Time brings ELVIS PRESLEY back to the dazzling Blu-Ray format, in what has been described as a powerful performance for the multi-talented star!
FLAMING STAR
Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release​
Only 3,000 units available at​
Once they are gone – they are gone!​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH, 2014
“By far and away Presley’s best film…Siegel keeps the tensions finely balanced on a knife edge, with the inevitable violence threatening to explode at every moment and the tortured emotions cutting surprisingly deep. A fine Western.”—Time Out London
“This small, somber view of some of the misunderstanding and bloody strife between settlers and Indians in Texas of the Eighteen Seventies is equally passionate about both…an unpretentious but sturdy Western that takes the time, the place and the people seriously.” —A.H. Weiler, The New York Times
Don Siegel (Dirty Harry) directs Elvis Presley in Flaming Star (1960), a tough-minded Western that many have pegged as the legendary singer’s best film. Presley plays a half-white/half-Kiowa youth in post-Civil War Texas, caught up in a tragic war between whites and Indians, his loyalties and allegiances tested at every turn. The terrific supporting cast includes John McIntire as Presley’s father, who just wants to live in peace; Dolores Del Rio as his mother, determined to keep her son safe; Steve Forrest as his conflicted brother from another mother; and Barbara Eden as an understanding local girl.
LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time is proud to present Stanley Kramer’s acclaimed masterpiece of riveting court room cinema – not easily forgotten, and for the first time on Blu-Ray!
“JUDGEMENT AT NUREMBERG”
“A work of historical significance and timeless philosophical merit…Abby Mann’s intelligent, thought-provoking screenplay is a grim reminder of man’s responsibility to denounce grave evils…The lesson is carefully, tastefully, and upliftingly told via Kramer’s large-scale production.” —Dick Williams, Los Angeles Mirror

“Mr. Kramer and his incisive screenwriter, Abby Mann…have accomplished a fine dramatic statement of moral probity. They have used the motion picture to clarify and communicate a stirring, sobering message to the world.” —Bosley Crowther, The New York Times
Producer-director Stanley Kramer’s Judgment at Nuremberg (1961), considered by many to be the legendary filmmaker’s masterpiece, is a grave, near-documentary attempt to deal with the Holocaust, war crimes, the complex moral-political impact of the Nuremberg Trials, and the very nature of justice, itself. With a thoughtful, intelligent screenplay by Abby Mann (based on his own award-winning Playhouse 90 television play), the film features wrenching performances by Spencer Tracy, Burt Lancaster, Maximilian Schell, Richard Widmark, Marlene Dietrich, Montgomery Clift, and Judy Garland.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time is proud to continue the dynamic teaming of Burt Lancaster and John Frankenheimer in the unforgettable prison drama, for the first time on Blu-Ray!
“BIRDMAN OF ALCATRAZ”
“A thoughtful yet powerful portrait that cleaves to the heart and mind…This Birdman stirs the emotions and remains in memory.”
—A.H. Weiler, The New York Times
“Lancaster gives a superbly natural, unaffected performance—one in which nobility and indestructibility can be seen cumulatively developing and shining from within.” Variety
The one and only Burt Lancaster stars in Birdman of Alcatraz (1962) as Robert Stroud, the real-life two-time killer who, during decades in solitary confinement, remade himself as one of the world’s foremost experts on birds—this despite never having finished the third grade. Sensitively directed by John Frankenheimer (The Train, The Manchurian Candidate) and stunningly shot within the basic confines of a prison cell by Burnett Guffey (Bonnie and Clyde), this landmark film features an exquisite score by Elmer Bernstein, available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time is proud to bring Otto Preminger’s stark drama of the human condition to Blu-Ray - for the very first time!
“BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING”
“This paranoid 1965 thriller by Otto Preminger is one of his most darkly poetic and wrenching films…Preminger approaches the mystery of human irrationality and emotion through logic and detachment; the effect is stingingly poignant.”
Dave Kehr, Chicago Reader
“Preminger has no peer…To watch his camera prowling around…from room to room, up and downstairs, in and out of doors with the sustained frenzy of a director concerned with integral space is to realize the majesty of mise-en-scène.”
Andrew Sarris, The Village Voice
Bunny Lake is Missing (1965) offers us director Otto Preminger’s dark view of a London less swinging than it is sinister; the script by John and Penelope Mortimer presents a dodgy kind of thriller, in which the central damsel in distress (Carol Lynley)—a mother who claims that her child has been snatched from school—may be mad, joining the ranks of eccentrics who surround her. Also starring Keir Dullea as the heroine’s devoted brother, and Laurence Olivier as a steady-on police inspector, giving one of the more sneakily larcenous performances of his illustrious career.The whole film is wrapped in a seductive score by Paul Glass, available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time is proud to bring to the Blu-Ray format for the very first time - Jimmy T. Murakami’s enchanting animated masterpiece, which will stay with you – long after you have seen it!
“WHEN THE WIND BLOWS”
Also includes “JIMMY MURAKAMI: NON-ALIEN (2010)" Feature Documentary​
“A most unlikely entertainment…an animated film about the end of civilization…Not since Beyond the Fringe has the English reputation for stoicism been so effectively sent up, and possibly never has it been sent up with such brutally funny seriousness.”
—Vincent Canby, The New York Times

“Comedy and horror intertwine in this domestic, kitchen-sink version of Dr. Strangelove, and our involvement in the two characters keeps us helplessly glued to the screen.”
—Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
When the Wind Blows (1986)—writer Raymond Briggs’ adaptation of his own graphic novel, brought to the screen by director Jimmy T. Murakami—is an enchantingly collage-like animated film (featuring drawn, stop-motion, and live-action sequences) on a very grim subject, indeed: the effects of nuclear holocaust on an ordinary English couple. James and Hilda Bloggs, (perfectly voiced by acting legends John Mills and Peggy Ashcroft) are a happy, near-elderly pair living in the lovely rural countryside when—seemingly out of nowhere—disaster beyond all imagining strikes. Featuring a score by Roger Waters (late of Pink Floyd), with a title song from David Bowie and contributions from Genesis, Squeeze, and Paul Hardcastle.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time is honored to bring to the dazzling Blu-Ray format for the very first time - Yoji Yamada’s mesmerizing and powerful masterpiece,
which redefines the standard for Samurai movies!
THE TWILIGHT SAMURAI
“Gentle, humanistic, rich with observation, quietly aware of all that can’t be solved by the sword…it has the sturdy bones of a classic…Twilight is Yamada's 67th film as a director, and it has the autumnal, economical perspective of a man with nothing left to prove.” —Ty Burr, The Boston Globe
“A mature, revisionist, Budd Boetticher samurai epic...Yamada’s wide-screen images are as ripe and sweet as a Sirkian peach…Samurai’s primary blessing is a sense of humane community, where relationships have unexpected depths.”
Michael Atkinson, The Village Voice

A nominee for the Best Foreign Film Oscar® and winner of twelve Japanese Academy Awards, The Twilight Samurai (2002) is a contemplative character study of Seibei (Hiroyuki Sanada), a traditional samurai reduced—in a rapidly modernizing Japan—to working as an accountant. A widower, Seibei has to care for his senile mother and his two young daughters; his financial problems are so severe that he finally, humiliatingly, must pawn his sword. And then, his clan comes to him with one last job. Directed by veteran Yoji Yamada, best known for helming Japan’s beloved “Tora-san” films.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I really want Judgement but my spending for November is really hitting me hard as it usually does every year at this time.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Keeping my fingers crossed that Judgment At Nuremburg is the Roadhsow version with overture and intermission.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
atfree said:
Bunny Lake is Missing for sure. I already have the Australian BD of Judgement at Nuremberg which I'm pretty positive is the same transfer TT will be using.
Is it the roadshow version?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks