What's new

excel experts? (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I figured out that [ALT] + [=] is how you "auto sum" in a cell with a sum hidden in it, instead of having to mouse up to the little "auto sum" task bar button. Now...

How do you JUMP DOWN to the next open cell DOWN a column? ("Enter" moves you down a cell, but the cells come up from below the screen boundary and you Enter, Enter, Enter and inevitably skip over the next blank cell because you don't see it coming from off-screen. How do you JUMP DOWN to the next blank cell?)

Can you change the FORMAT of text in a cell from a menu command, as you can in MSWord, to "Title Caps" or "Upper Case" or "Lower Case"?

Excel is made to make your brain boil, I think. Any help would... help. :confused:

MC

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
To jump down to the next empty cell use ... (End)(down arrow). If you are in an empty cell this jumps to the next full cell. Also works with (up arrow), etc.

As far as formatting text ... ctrl_U = underline, ctlr_B = bold, ctrl_I = italics. This is sames as MS Word. I dont believe there is a shortcut to change font case, but there are commands =UPPER() or =LOWER(), which convert he target cells

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I'm not sure that you can do it right from a menu command but you can use a formulas to do those things. For Title Caps do =PROPER(cell number) for upper case do =UPPER(cell number) for Lower case do =LOWER(cell number)

LS1 Sounds

Auditioning
Real Name
Chad
Use Ctrl + Arrow keys to jump to the next open cell. Also works with Shift to select the range of cells.

Ctrl + 1 is the keyboard shortcut for Format Cells.

Also did you know that holding down Ctrl while scrolling with the mouse wheel zooms in and out? I use that one a lot. :)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
CTRL + [the down arrow] DOES NOT jump down to the next empty cell down the column. In fact, it merely jumps to the cell ABOVE the next empty cell. How do I get INTO THE EMPTY CELL without Enter, Enter, Enter, whoops! missed it, back arrow?

Can I?

MC

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks