What's new

Examination of Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange (1 Viewer)

Jeffery Allen

Auditioning
I have been going through my VHS collection for the past couple of weeks and came across a 30 minute program from Creative Arts Television called "An Examination of Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange." It is a 30 minute talking head interview program from the time the film was originally released with William Everson interviewing Anthony Burgess and Malcolm McDowell with a short segment focusing on (then) Walter Carlos' score with numerous stills of Carlos in his studio. It may be an episode of a television series called "Camera Three", probably British, but there is no opening title sequence so I am not sure.
My tape is all but disintegrated and I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a possible supplement on the upcoming CLOCKWORK ORANGE SE DVD or if it is available on any other DVD. It is a fascinating and completely engrossing piece and one of the most informative film pieces I've ever seen on Kubrick.

Thanks,

Jeff

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Wow, nice bit of VHS digging, there, Jeff! That would be a great supplment.

When are we likely to see the Kubrick SEs - October/November?

ErichH

Screenwriter
Interesting - There's an amount of stuff on CO in the Life In Pictures doc (Kubrick Collection) but I can't remember what's on the disk in the set, other than the movie.

E

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Jeffery said:

"It may be an episode of a television series called "Camera Three", probably British, but there is no opening title sequence so I am not sure."

"Camera Three" was a CBS Sunday morning show which first went on the air in the 1950's and went on into the '80's, I think. They also did an episode on "2001: A Space Odyssey" and one on Bernard Herrmann.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks