What's new

EW's Top 25 TV Series (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

Dear Guys:

A few weeks (ok, maybe two months), Entertainment Weekly released some sort of top 25 television shows that haven't come out on DVD yet?

I remember most of them:

1) Batman (Adam West)

2) Homefront

3) Remember Wenn

4) Eight is Enough

5) Suddenly Susan

6)Veronica's Closet

7) Cop Rock

8) Now and Again

9). I'll Fly Away

10) Sisters

11) China Beach

12) Wonder Years

13) Three Guys, Two Girls, and A Pizza Place

14) Ed

15) . . . . . . .

Ok. I just drew a blank, Can somebody help me with the remaining 11?

James

LCD22

Screenwriter
James, BTW, it's called Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place. We wouldn't want to confuse Fox again.

Chicago Hope

Just the Ten of Us

The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd

Cupid (Jeremy Piven)

Brooklyn Bridge

Viva Variety

Now and Again

L.A. Law

Salute Your Shorts

Being Bobby Brown

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20398646,00.html

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
What do you expect? For the 30 somethings who work there, the 80s is way, way back. To me, its last week. I could come up with 25 shows from the 60s without blinking an eye. Probably 3 times as many if I gave it a lot of thought.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
You have a point, but being a child of the 80s, I'd like to see Chicago Hope, LA Law, Brooklyn Bridge and I'll Fly Away as much as I'd like to see more 50s Westerns and shows from the 60s and 70s. I am, after all, an equal opportunity collector.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
The 1980s tv shows focused on the following areas

1. Private Investigation/Crime/Mystery (Simon & Simon, Magnum PI, Murder she Wrote, Miami Vice, Crime story)

2. Nightime Soap Operas (Knots Landing, Dallas, Dynasty, Falconcrest)

3. Family Sitcoms (Family ties, Growing Pains, Mr Belvedere, too close for comforat, The Hogan Family

4. Action/adventure (A-Team, Tales of the Gold Monkey

Each decade had different issues and TV try have these issues in their shows. The 1980s was about heavy metal music, aids, big hair, nuclear war threat, Russia was still communism, music video TV. The personal computer started to gain popularity via War Games and Whiz Kids, etc. However, the method to get information was via dial-up. I could go and on about the 1980s. I was in HS/college in the 1980s and it was different time for music/clothing/etc. However, by the early 1990s it changed dramatically.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Blair Brown's a tv show? I thought she was the star of The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd -- a show that should be definitely on that list!

LCD22

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by shoeshineboy

Blair Brown's a tv show? I thought she was the star of The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd -- a show that should be definitely on that list!

"The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd" made their list; I mistakenly listed Blair Brown. Thanks for pointing this out Dan.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Call me lame, but these would also be very high on my list:

9). I'll Fly Away

11) China Beach

12) Wonder Years

I'd love to have all thee.

Trevor824

Grip
Real Name
Trevor
Are you sure that top list is correct?

I'm having trouble believing anyone, even EW, would remember, let alone wonder about a DVD release, for Suddenly Susan or Veronica's Closet.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Originally Posted by mattCR

Call me lame, but these would also be very high on my list:

9). I'll Fly Away

11) China Beach

12) Wonder Years

I'd love to have all thee.

There's nothing lame about it. I'd buy the last two, Homefront, and Ed, IF the music is intact. I haven't seen I'll Fly Away in some time (and the last time I saw Brooklyn Bridge was when it aired on Bravo in the '90s) but I might purchase those two.

What's very high on my list right now is Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place, and that's one I really want with the original music intact. It's my favorite sitcom of all time. (You may boo, hiss, whatever now.)

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by ChrisCook

What's very high on my list right now is Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place, and that's one I really want with the original music intact. It's my favorite sitcom of all time. (You may boo, hiss, whatever now.)

I liked the show too.
Ryan Reynolds is a pretty popular star now,that must have been his first major show.

Checking wikipedia, I find it funny that co-star Traylor Howard was 10 years older than Reynolds!

She looked pretty young for 32 on the show!

LCD22

Screenwriter

Originally Posted by derosa

Ryan did a popular Canadian teen soap that I'm only vaguely familiar with called Fifteen/Hillside.

Traylor was only 32?! I'll be the same age myself soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks