What's new

evil dead sequels!!!advice wanted!!! (1 Viewer)

JonathanSimpson

Stunt Coordinator
guys, i was hoping you might be able to help me out i have just received the botd limited edition and the elite version of evil dead and was wanting to pick up the sequels, i know that there have been multiple versions of the discs from researching the many posts here and elsewere. my main question is should i track down dead by dawn limited edition tin and army of darkness deluxe limited edition 2 disc?. or do anchor bay have updates of the above coming soon? (checked on anchor bays website in the coming soon section and i couldnt see any mention of new releases for the above). any advice would be most welcome.

jonathan

Julie K

Screenwriter
Evil Dead 2: Get the tin if you like tins. Otherwise, get the exact same version in the unlimited AB edition. Avoid the Universal release.
AOD: You can get the exact same content of the 2-disc LE by getting the Anchor Bay Theatrical Cut disc and the Anchor Bay Official Bootleg Edition disc.
And as for the question of 'will AB release new versions in the future?', well, there are no plans at the moment, but I'm convinced that the only things in life that are certain are death, taxes, and AB putting out new editions of the Evil Dead movies :)

JonathanSimpson

Stunt Coordinator
do you miss out on the booklet that came with the tin for evil dead 2 non tin version? and did army of darkness 2 disc limited come with any booklet or detailed notes? that you would miss out on if you purchased the versions mentioned.

jonathan

Julie K

Screenwriter
Yes, I think the ED2 tin did have a booklet. I've been less than impressed with the AB booklets in the past and decided to pass. YMMV.

I've got the 2-disc LE of AOD and I don't recall it having any significant booklet.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
... death, taxes, and AB putting out new editions of the Evil Dead movies
For the moment Julie, you're of course perfectly right! :)
However, I have the feeling that AB may not release new editions of these movies for a long time after the Book of the Dead release.
Now they have THX editions out of all 3 movies, and they're all available as jam packed special editions. I wonder what more they could add to these discs in a reissue.
The only possibility I can think of is if they suddenly can get Within the Woods on a disc...
So Jonathan, I can only second what Julie wrote, I have the ED2 regular, the AOD THX and the AOD DC (limited edition, same as bootleg but other packaging), and I'm very satisfied with this combination.

David Ruiz

Second Unit
Can anyone tell me what the "Theatrical" version of AOD looks like? What's on the cover? I need to know, so I can purchase it...There are lots of different covers on these DVDs.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Evil Dead 2: Get the tin if you like tins. Otherwise, get the exact same version in the unlimited AB edition. Avoid the Universal release.
there was no Universal release of ED2, only a prior Anchor Bay release. there was, however, a Universal release of AOD.
DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks