What's new

Ever Try To Cancel Something? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I would LOVE to have that lady answer all of my phone calls. :laugh:Totally disagreed. That woman was too lenient IMHO. Telemarketers deserve much worse than what that guy went through. ;)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I would like to add that signing up for ESPN the Magazine (or most magazines for that matter) is like signing a contract with the devil.

I signed up for espn.com's Insider which allows access to their writer's sports columns. Unfortunately, this membership also comes with a subscription to their crappy magazine. You can't buy them seperately, nor does it give the option that you would like to pass on receiving the mag.

My year subscription expired and I decided not to renew. As the end of the year's subscription drew closer, I was constantly receiving dire warnings in the mail.

Each one said stuff like:
"Your subscription is about to expire! OMG!!!"
"If you don't renew now you will no longer receive this great magazine and your life will be worthless."
"We love you so much, we will let you renew for a lot less than cover price because you are special."

After my year, I continued to receive magazine issues along with the multitudes of warnings that this would be the last issue or else. I also got junk mail saying the same. I think I got almost another year's worth of magazines for basically free. Finally two months ago the issues stopped. Unfortunately the junk mail has not.

"We know you hate our magazine but if you act now you can still receive the preferred customer price."
"Time sensitive material. Renew or die."

Breaking up with girlfriends was easier than this.:angry:

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric

I'm inclinded to consider that kindness courtesy and respect are not precious commodities. Even - and especially - with the people who seem least deserving of them.

One man cannot hold another man down in the ditch without remaining down in the ditch with him. ~Booker T. Washington

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Oh please! I have no problems with telemarketers, but there should also be a way for me to opt out from ever having these kinds of calls.

No one should EVER be solicited on the phone if they choose not to. You want to talk about common courtesy? Telemarketing companies need to start dishing out some common courtesy in the first place if they ever expect to get it in return.

Don't punch me in the face and then say that I have no "common courtesy" by calling you an asshole ;)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I never have trouble cancelling things. TV shows, for instance, I can cancel them just by liking and watching them. Ditto DVD releases. :)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks