What's new

European Vacation Specs...(Yea!) (1 Viewer)

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
DVD file reports that National Lampoon's European Vacation will be 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen(!), audio commentary with Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo, trailer, and cast highlights.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
You just made my night! I hope this is true!
I consider EUROPEAN VACATION the 3rd best VACATION movie - right behind
1. Christmas Vacation
2. Vacation
Vegas Vacation is just awful awful awful :thumbsdown:

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a date yet? This movie has a special place in my heart, because it was the first time.....

I saw breasts.

I was probably 8 years old, and I remember thinking how horrible I was for watching that. Then I hit rewind on the VCR and watched it again.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
"Do you want that in the can?"
"No, thanks. I'll have it right here." :D :D
Let me just add: IT'S ABOUT TIME!!
Hopefully Warner will rerelease the others in their OAR.

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
This is awesome news!!!

I've held of buying the Vacation films that have been released because of the widescreen issue, but it finally looks like I can start with this one.

"Dad, I think he's gonna pork her!!"

"He may pork her Rusty, but just turn around and eat your breakfast."

Chuck L

Screenwriter
My least favorite of the series, you do it in the correct way...Let's hope the other three aren't far behind on getting upgraded!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I don't know why, but I never really cared for this movie, compared to the other three. I would rank 'em Vacation, Christmas Vacation, Vegas Vacation, and finally, European vacation...

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Great news! If the reports are accurate then I'm impressed, Warner! :emoji_thumbsup:
I hope the other Vacation movies are re-released with similar specs.

Tyler T

Stunt Coordinator
Finally, Warner decided to break free of the cage and start to listen to what we want!
OAR, 16x9, a commentary, and a few other supplements!!!!
:)
Way to go Warner. Sure, it's in a snapper (which can be easily fixed by taking the cardboard insert, making a high resoulotion copy of it on thick paper, and then place it in a keepcase) and is a bit low on extras (other than the commentary) but look! Warner finally gave us the "proper" treatment for this film. Now all they need to do is release the Twin Peaks pilot, REMASTERED, put a DTS track (to go along with the Season 1 episodes), either leave the European ending off or do seamless branching on it, and maybe put a little TV ads for it (since David Lynch won't do commentaries and it would be to add to the Season 1 boxed set anyway). Oh and release all the other Vacation movies and other favorites in OAR and/or with extras.
If they did those two things Warner would not be the worst DVD studio ever. :D

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Yesssss! Love the Vacation series and haven't bought any of them because of the lack of OAR. I just hope this is the start of it and they'll give Vacation and Christmas Vacation the same treatment (didn't care for Vegas Vacation).

Now if WB would just get rid of the stupid snapper cases! Doesn't anyone from that company have their finger on the pulse of the DVD consumer WRT this issue?

"It's amazing; I just can not get left!"

"Dad, look...bedpans!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks