What's new

Euro 2004 (1 Viewer)

DrewSmith

Stunt Coordinator
you are more than welcome, I know being a Brit in the US, not that most American s would understand, when traveling I need to know my places to have a fine Tetly's beer and some EPL Football. :)

COME ON ENGLAND

couple more

Tir Na Nog Irish Bar & Grill
1600 Arch St
Philadelphia
267-514-1700

The Blarney South
328 South St

Another list

http://www.foxsportsworld.com/conten...ntentId=802702

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator
Just over 3 hours to England v Switzerland, I can't wait, Scholes is fit and Terry is back in the team. I do think King deserved to keep his place though.

I'm glad Portugal won last night, the longer they stay in the tournament the better.

The Germany v Holland game was great, I couldn't believe how well the Germans played and how poor the Dutch were.

DrewSmith

Stunt Coordinator
COME ON ENGLAND

Half day of work for me today, so I can just make it home in time for Kick-off.

Back to the diamond formation today not sure if I agree, don't really care just need the win.

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator
Great result poor game, 3-0 doesn't do the Swiss justice.

Thank god Rooney is on form, Owen looks jaded. Do you think Sven has the bottle to start with Vassell?

Come on Croatia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator
With regards to Totti, I have not seen the incident but spitting on someone is pretty low, but does it suffice a 3 game ban?

I just wish the referees would clamp down on play acting. Rooney didn't touch the Swiss goalie yet he plays it up and gets Rooney booked.

david stark

Second Unit
I took a half day to watch the England games as well. Not a great performance, but 3 points in the bag. More worryingly is also watching the Croatia v France game if Croatia play like that again England are going to have to step up a gear come Monday.

The 2nd half of the France v Croatia game was superb. So far I'm not all that impressed with France, both goals today were somewhat fortuitous and they don't look all that solid at the back.

As for Totti, I didn't see the incident, but I hear he said he did do it. Assuming he did then I would applaud UEFA for it. They need to take a stronger line with cheating and unsporting behaviour. It's what FIFA should have done with Rivaldo after his play acting instead of slapping him on the back of the hand.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
While we can't see the games on regular TV or cable here in the states, I did see a little CNN piece about the Totti incident. He looked straight at the other player and flat-out hocked one into his face. Unbelievably crass and unsportsmanlike. I don't know about 3 games, 2 would seem sufficient to me, but it was really terrible.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i missed the spitting incident however his tackle late in the game was totally uncalled for and deserved a red card. a vicious attack on an opponent's knee in the middle of the pitch with no time remaining is just plain arrogant on totti's part.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter

As you can imagine, they showed the spitting a great number of times on danish TV, and Totti clearly spits at the Danish player. I don't know if you heard his lawyer as she tried to tell people that Totti didn't aim for Christian Poulsen, but that's complete bull. I think 3 days is fine. The Danish Football Union, who reported the incident to UEFA, tells that this is not about revenge, but about justice, fair play, and setting an example for immoral behavior on the field.

So, it's Denmark today... Let's see what they can do now that Grønkjær is back... :)

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Being that Sweden plays Italy tonight, No, I don't have a problem with Totti being banned!

I excpect a tough game though, we'll be glad to take a point with us from it.

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
And that they did. Italy:1 - Sweden:1

Great game, even though it did not produce a winner. Probably the best match of the tournament so far. Italy has all to play for now against the Bulgarians. They must put plenty behind the nets if they want a better 'for & against' record if Sweden & Denmark end up in a draw.

So which European player do you guys think is the most overrated? underrated?

Most overrated for me is Luis Figo. Most underrated player would be Frank Lampard.

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator

Got to agree with you there, what a fantastic game. Italy were superb the first half and Sweden were in the second.

I agree Figo is overrated, but Lampard is not underated in England, he has had a great season at Chelsea, the press like him (won't last long, it never does) and he has got the fans behind him. He might not be as famous as Beckham but is just as important to England at the moment. He should also take the penalties.

Latvia v Germany and Holland v Czech Republic tomorrow....can't wait.

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
3-0 was a great result.

Bring on the croations then bring on alot of beer, to celebrate bein in the quaters (i hope)

Rooney is on top form at the moment.

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
3-0 was a great result.

Bring on the croations then bring on alot of beer, to celebrate bein in the quaters (i hope)

Rooney is on top form at the moment.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Italy/Sweden was a good game. What was not so fantastic is that a tie is the worst possible outcome for Denmark - now we HAVE TO beat Sweden! :) As for the Francesco "Snotti" incident - well I think that has been settled now...

BTW, Danish Television has a funny penalty kick game between Denmark and Sweden. It's in danish, but "Start Spil" is "Play Game". You shoot by clicking and holding the mouse button when the horisontal arrow is where you want it and releasing the mouse button when the vertical arrow is in place.

Denmark: http://dr.swush.com/straffespark/eur...lt.asp?add=208
Sweden: http://dr.swush.com/straffespark/eur...lt.asp?add=209

You have to click the link on the page to open the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks