What's new

Eureka Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I think maybe the issue besides the clip show thing is that it was also a variation of a theme we've seen probably 4-5 times before.

Off the top of my head:
Season 1 had an episode where everyone forgot things, and another episode where everyone's minds were affected and they were acting pretty much the opposite of themselves.
Season 2 had an episode where everyone got dumb, and another episode where everyone was being forgotten/ vanishing.

And now we have one that's pretty much a combination of and the same as all of those, and a clip show... no wonder it was boring.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I too am getting a bit bored with this show. It seems like it's just another weird-event of the week. No real arc any more, this show seemed to have one at first. And the weird-event thing is repeating similar problems, with a different dressing on the problem.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Last year's half of the season had the arc about the underground bunker.

I'm not sure there's an arc for all of this half of season 3. Maybe it'll be 2 arcs. There was the spacecraft arc that seems to have ended just before the clip show episode, so maybe it was just a gap-filler standalone before the start of another arc.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon John

I too am getting a bit bored with this show. It seems like it's just another weird-event of the week. No real arc any more, this show seemed to have one at first. And the weird-event thing is repeating similar problems, with a different dressing on the problem.
I've been trying to figure out why I haven't enjoyed this go-around as much as even the first part of season 3. Part of it, I think is that it's missing that dynamic of conflict between Carter and Stark. Also, it seems like the subtle humor isn't there as much.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah, but some of the more interesting arcs of season 1 and 2 have gone away... what ever happened to that consortium that Beverly was always talking to/ about in S1? And the whole artifact thing just went away after season 2, it's like it never even happened, even though it was supposed to "advance research" a great deal. I'm sure the same thing will happen for the 'organic computer' stuff from this season.

I still like it, but it's got room to improve these days.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
With how they've been recycling plot elements like I mentioned in an earlier post, I half expected it to be another alternate dimension story like the finale of S1. Pretty good episode, felt more like a series finale than a season finale though. Has it been renewed for a fourth season yet?

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Joe_H

Pretty good episode, felt more like a series finale than a season finale though. Has it been renewed for a fourth season yet?

That was what I and my son thought. I hope it has been renewed. Will miss Carter's new girlfriend. Guess he can always go back to Allison.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks