What's new

International Eureka Blu-ray Qualtiy? (1 Viewer)

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Just watched my RUGGLES OF RED GAP two nights ago and wow! It is certainly one of the best looking BDs I've seen of a 1930's film, just gorgeous, Have a look at the caps over at DVD Beaver. I think you'll be amazed. Eureka has never disappointed me with their releases.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Robert Crawford said:
How are Ruggles of Red Gap, Double Indemnity and The Lost Weekend?
Crawdaddy
I've had the Double Indemnity BRD for weeks now but I haven't had time to watch it. I'll try to watch it via a projector over the weekend. I'll report back.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched the Eureka BRD of Double Indemnity this evening. This Blu-ray disc is very good indeed but suffers from the same flickering of light in a few scenes that appeared in Universal's (Region 1) DVD. Eureka's disc is better than Universal's DVD but doesn't blow it into the weeds.
The "extras" includes the familiar talking heads documentary with pundits like Eddie Muller and William Friedkin stating the obvious and a commentary from Nick Redman and Lem Dobbs which I haven't yet sampled.
I'm glad I bought this BRD, but each person must decide for themselves if it's worth spending the money for a Zone B locked disc that is not massively better than Universal's excellent DVD.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Eureka's BRD of Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves is a brilliant disc with vivid colors and sharp focus. The sets are excellent and the music score by Edward Ward really impressed me. I'm not familiar with any other movie score by this man. I'll have to look him up in the IMDB.
The narrative is great fun, never stands still and can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
Eureka's BRDs are all Zone B locked, but anyone who is multi-region on Blu-ray and who has young children or grandchildren should invest in this disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks