Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind on BD!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by chris_clem, Mar 22, 2008.

1. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

2. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    Not until Universal gets on board with BD.

3. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

Ouch...I didn't know Universal owned this film. Might be a long wait.... I'm quite nearly convinced that I'll be getting this at this even at this price....I just have to find maybe 2 more films to go with it to save on shipping....

4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    tell ya what. Nab an hddvd deck and you can have my review copy for free! Seriously.

5. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike Agent

Anyone have this Japanese blu and can comment on the quality? If not, be sure to post impressions if you do pick it up, chris.

6. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Haven't heard from Chris but another HTFer is interested in my offer so please no more requests for this or other screeners. =)

7. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

Wow! Thanks for the offer! [​IMG] Unfortunately, since I live in the Philippines, shipping the disc to me might be more trouble than it's worth.

Funny thing is, the XBOX 360 HD-DVD add on is about the same price as the Eternal Sunshine BD! If I got the movie free, that add-on would be worth it just as an "Eternal Sunshine player!"

8. Kenneth Lee

Kenneth Lee Stunt Coordinator

Hi All,

Just bumping this thread for news on a possible U.S. release for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on Blu-Ray?

Amazon.com strangely had it lasted on their site for a while and then it went out of print (released last month, supposedly). Some people claim to be selling it used on Amazon as well. What version was that?

Thanks!

9. Worth

Worth Screenwriter

Nick Dobbs
    Why not just get the Canadian version?

10. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

It seems like this disc is OK, but you can never be too careful where Alliance is concerned.

The buyer better beware and do tons of research up front to ensure things like 1) Whether the OAR has been preserved, 2) Whether the disc is 1080p or not, as opposed to 1080i or less, and 3) What the audio specs are. The back cover of Alliance discs are more often wrong than they are right, so they're typically not useful in that regard either. So, ultimately you're waiting on hearing this information from someone who's purchased the disc.