What's new

ET, Jaws and Jurrasic coming to HD DVD? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
One good thing about this format war is maybe it will force studios to release bigger titles sooner than DVD.

Brian-W

Screenwriter

Ironically while E.T. was a MUSE HD release (at a time when piracy, especially for HD was nil), it took a long time before it graced the SD DVD players.

E.T., great flick, but I don't think it's a killer app that's going to drive HD-DVD sales.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Pirates 1 & 2 will certainly be huge for Blu-ray, but I think Jurassic Park, ET, and Jaws would be as well. I remember the days of laserdisc when JP debuted, then the dts version etc...then the dvds....they were the talk of the town and playing in nearly every HT store room. I think we'll see that again when the HD DVD comes out too. :)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Agreed. Jurassic Park with Lossless Dolby True HD? :D
I have been getting goosebumps just thinking about it for the last 2 days.
Great Movies, great demo discs. Can't go wrong.

Edit: how do I add the unusual smilies? I remember we use to have a list of them next to the text box. I also miss having the buttons for bold, spoilers and stuff. Is it a setting I can change?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Rolando,

Do you see them now?

(I changed the setting in your account from "Do Not Show Editor Toolbar" to "Show Standard Editor Toolbar". You can change that yourself too.) :)

Cees

Rolando

Screenwriter
YAY!!!

Yes I can. THanks Cees. I had gone to the contol panel but could not figure out the option to do so. thanks.

Been like this for months since one of the "updates".

Now if I can only figure out how come all my saved PMs are blank!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Rolando,

You're welcome. :)

Most saved PM were lost during the transition to the current software level. There's no way to bring the PMs you had saved during our previous software level back.
Sorry, but it happened to all of us.

You'd better delete the empty messages. :frowning:

OK. And now back to the topic of this thread..... ;)

Cees

Rolando

Screenwriter
thanks again.

yes, indeed, back to the subject at hand.

Though I will likely keep my 4 disc E.T. Big Blue Box, I will be getting E.T. and Jaws on release day.

I just hope we get Jaws as a 2 disc with all the extras ported over. Don't want to have to keep the 30th Anniverasy SD just for the extras like the LD had to be kept after the first SD release.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
To make the recent topic on topic....Jaws ate the older PMs :P ...pretty lame I know
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
:)

MarekM

Supporting Actor
posted on other forum....... :frowning: and I was quite happy to know JP and ET is coming :frowning: :frowning:

No Speilberg from Universal! HD-DVD promo mistake!

http://www.hddvdprg.com/eng/list.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++
Apology for our Contents List

The inclusion in the January 29 update of our "Coming Soon List" of three Steven Spielberg classics was an error on our part. The HD DVD Promotion Group expresses sincere apologies to Steven Spielberg, Universal Studios Home Entertainment and HD DVD fans for this mistake. We will endeavor to prevent any similar mistake and to provide accurate information.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

DanR

Supporting Actor
Like I posted in the last few weeks, it's gonna be a roller coaster ride. It is unfortunate the way the HD DVD group is treating its customers, but given what I know it's not totally surprising to me. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess. In this case they got slapped down as they should have been.

Sadly, the bad part is that this doesn't help some classics in terms of making their way to high deifinition, if some of you know what I mean.

Anyway, stay tuned. More to come, and remember what I've said about the roller coaster... ;)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, a huge blow all the way back to last week's status quo, and that only for the people who obsessively track even the vaguest release announcements.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks