What's new

Estimation (1 Viewer)

Chris Hesh

Grip
I'm just trying to get together an estimation on what it would cost to get a nice home theatre (not including the tv). I pretty much have my eyes set on the RP-82 DVD player so you guys can add that into the price (unless you have better suggestions). I'm looking for 5.1 surround sound. I don't want ht in a box either. I would like some nice speaker towers/bookshelf towers. I just don't want it to be overly expensive, I'm only 16. I'm just trying to get finances in line so I know how much money I need to save up. With that, I'm guessing I'll need a receiver and wire pricing (decent wire, it's all going to be RIGHT NEXT to eachother). I've never done Home Theatre before, but I have done Car Audio... so I'm guessing I'll need an amp on top of all that. You don't really need to give specific devices unless you want to. I'm just looking at a rough generalization.

Oh, and just to let you know. The TV I'm getting is the 32" Toshiba HDTV.

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
$200 per box that eats things (DVDs, SACDs, etc.)
$300 per box that makes noise (speakers)
$500 per box that gets hot (receiver, amps)
$1500 per box that makes light (RPTV)

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
You could get a smaller speaker system for much less than 300 per speaker. Something like the Energy Take 5.1 would be good if you're putting this into a small room. It doesn't make much sense to buy a HUGE sound system when the display is only 32". Start with a nice small setup and wait until you have the money to buy a better system.

george.Legeza

Stunt Coordinator
You could probably put together a fair home theater system (and fair is obviously subjective) for $1,000 or less. $200/pair for front and rear speakers for a total of $400, about $150-$180 for a center speaker, $400 for a decent receiver, and around $200 for a DVD player.

Don't listen to the people who would insist a good system can't be had for under $2,000.

george.Legeza

Stunt Coordinator
Bah, I always forget something. Although there are a few "decent" subs that can be had for fairly cheap. Isn't there a 10" from partsexpress.com for $99 that's been getting fair reviews?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks