What's new

ESPN Reports Michael Jordan is BACK!!!! (1 Viewer)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Header says it all.......
He will return and play with the Wizards..
IMHO the greatest player ever returns to the court.... I'll be watching!! :)
------------------
Thanks,
Steven R. Simon
HTF Administrator
Theater Pics Updated 7-26-2001
Send Email: [email protected]
[Edited last by Steven Simon on September 10, 2001 at 09:08 PM]

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
First the god of hockey, the best NHL player ever, Mario Lemieux returns. Now, the god of basketball, the best NBA player ever returns. How sweet it be! :)
------------------
ep2.jpg

[Edited last by Tom_G on September 10, 2001 at 09:09 PM]

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I think this is a BAD idea. From what I read the other day he is shell of his former self on the court. I think against all of the young guys out there he is suddenly going to look all too human. IMHO.
Kevin C. :)
------------------
If you live in the Wichita KS area and are interested in a local meet click here

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Take a lesson from Jerry Seinfeld, leave when you are at the top. It can only be downhill from there. How many times does he have to come out of retirement? He isn't that hard up for cash is he?
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Hey look I don't think Jordan should come back, but he did, now I'm just going to sit patiently on the sidelines and watch. He's not going to be the most dominant player in the NBA like he used to be but hell he's still jordan.
btw ewing sucks (and always has) :p

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I LOVE IT.
I look forward to many games just like the first one of his last comeback, of which there will be many.
He was barely getting by in his last year. You guys think I'm crazy but his points per shot were WAY down, below .9 roughly. Compare this to other East guards like Ray Allen, Answer, Miller...all well above 1.15 or more.
And without Phil and the support structure....good luck, brother, cause you are going to need it.
As much as I hated Jordan, I respected him. Now that will all be ruined.

Gilbert Galindo

Stunt Coordinator
I love MJ, but he should stay retired. He is chasing his own ghost, has nothing to play for or prove and has no way of winning a title. On the other hand, it's his life.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
This interests me about as much as watching P&S DVDs.
Purely a marketing ploy (probably a good one, at that) but eventually this will wear thin. And, since it was never adequately explained why he left the first time (to "pursue" minor league Baseball - yeah, right) it can do nothing but tarnish his image.
Some people don't know when to hang them up with class.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
It'll be fun to watch MJ give it a shot but there is no way he's gonna dominate as he did before. Even if he his skills are 100% of what they were the day he left the court (which i seriously doubt) he's playing on the worst squad in the league.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I am disappointed. Jordan went out on top in '98; the stuff legends are made of. That winning shot against the Jazz in the finals should be his last. I don't care if he gets schooled and quits after 20 games or ends up leading the league in scoring after a full season. He should leave it where he ended in '98. I also don't like the whole media saga that led up to his announcement. "Will he play or won't he?" Frankly, I'm tired of Michael Jordan. It's time for others to have the center stage like Allen Iverson and Vince Carter. I'm not saying that either of them or anyone else will be as good as Jordan, but it's their time. The media circus surrounding Jordan will overshadow the great accomplishments of other players. I won't be watching Jordan.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Why would he want to end his career any other way than he did....World Champion.??
LL cool B

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Jordan is the man. I'm not into basketball but I really admire the guy. That said, I think this is a bad idea. I can only imagine how hard it has to be for him to make the choice; I'm sure he has been longing to play again. It's hard to give something like that up - something you love that has been a part of you for so long - but it's going to look bad. While I'm sure he has good intentions, many people will lose respect for him.
I would like to see him explore his other interests, and do other things. Right now he's a basketball god loved by many. I'd hate to see him lose that. Then again, as someone else mentioned, it's his life. He is obviously more concerned with having fun and playing the game than any sort of reputation, which is good. He should do what makes him happy.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him to use the HTF and keep him occupied for life.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I look forward to his return. RAF, I don't think you could pay Jordan enough money to come out of retirement after all of his accomplishments for a marketing ploy. He has too much pride. I don't think he would try this if he didn't think he could pull it off. BTW It's only a bad idead if he doesn't attain the goals he's returning for.

MikeM

Screenwriter
He is chasing his own ghost, has nothing to play for or prove and has no way of winning a title.
Jeez, you guys are being pretty harsh. You're assuming he'll never win a championship again. I'd like to follow this up with one of my favorite lines from Say Anything:
Diane Court: Nobody thinks it will work, do they?
Lloyd Dobler: No. You just described every great success story.

------------------
mike_sig.jpg

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Ugh, I myself hate athletes who retire and come back...
IMHO it shows very little 'class'...
I mean, my thinking is that they cant stand that they have no publicity, or no cash coming in, or they're not popular anymore, so they come back... Just to get popular or get money again...
I mean, if you retire, JUST DO IT ALREADY!!!
I mean like Gretzky... He's retired, and he's staying retired... i respect him...
But thats my opinion, and i bet few agree, but I mean no offense to anybody...
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html

JonS

Stunt Coordinator
Everybody is saying what happens when he comes back and he sucks. Well, what if he doesn't. Just what if he is the most dominant player in the NBA and wins MVP and leads the wizards to a championship. Sounds pretty crazy doesn't it, well if you had to name one man in the world who could do it I wonder who that man would be. Second, it's his life. He can do what he wants. He has given us 13 great unbelievable seasons of basketball. He loves the game, and it's time for him to do something for himself. He wants to play because he is competitive as hell and he just has a burning love for the game. He deserves to do a little something for himself after what he has given us. His legacy is what he makes of it. I have a feeling that he will still be known for hitting the game winning shot in the NBA finals and he won't be wearing a Bull's uniform.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks