What's new

ESPN.com College Pigskin Pick'em 2002 (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I was waiting for Wayne to comment on my nearly perfect week, but he tends to run and hide when the going gets tough. ;)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I've been busy... I work in the one single industry that absolutely refused to let 9/11/02 be anything even remotely resembling a normal routine day, and I had to spend long hours preparing for it.

Yeah Jeff, you had a good week. You got one of the two upset specials. You and John Dhein picked Virginia to upset South Carolina. (But John, you missed several picks that seemed obvious to the rest of us, such as Texas A&M, Air Force, and Oklahoma.) The other upset was North Carolina over Syracuse, which only Earl Johnson picked.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
At the top of the page there should be a scoresheet link. It won't let you see this week (Week 3) until kickoff but you can see Week 2 and Week 1.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
What happened to this thread? I remember all of the good natured ribbing from last year and was looking forward to handing some out as the Huskers go all the way this year!
I agree! There has been no interaction for the last two weeks and I have been smokin'! Let's talk a little smack here!
Chris Wittry, your Cornhuskers suck and it makes me soooo happy! :D
But, so do my Wolverines! :frowning:
Come on, John Dhein! Wisconsin has the look of a serious pretender. :D
BTW, you two, I am winning!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Wolverines??????

Those are GOPHERS!!!!!

Freaking GOPHERS!!!!!!!!

and by the way, 4-0 is 4-0.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Is that what the kids are calling them these days?

And, anyhow, that's a darn personal question.

Sheesh, some people have such nerve.

Humph!

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm bummed. Tony Hollings had been phenomenal for Georgia Tech with 11 TDs and averaging 158 yards, leading the nation in rushing in fact, but now he's out for the season with a torn ACL. I was on the sideline at the game shooting video, isolating on Hollings in fact, and he was putting on a hell of a show for my lens until he went down.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Week 5's upset special: Iowa over Penn State. Only Earl Johnson nailed it. 82.4 big upset points. And 440 points for the week, wow.

I feel ashamed for not picking my Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, I honestly felt they couldn't win (see message above about Tony Hollings). Maybe they won because I didn't pick them. Oh well, it cost me only 26.5 points.

Similarly, do I see some Cornhusker fans who did not pick Nebraska???

David Range

Agent
Yeah, I took Iowa State.There's a difference between rooting for your team and making the logical choice. :)
Jamaal Lord looks confused, the running back hasn't had a 100 yard game in the last 6 games, and an offense that is unable to come back from large margins will not instill confidence. Look for more losses against Texas, K State, A&M, and possibly Colorado.
The good news is I'm only 100 points from the top spot, and my point totals are getting better almost every week. :)
Better watch out! :)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Week 6: Rex X's all over the scoresheet. Blood on the leaderboard.
My only consolation is that I did better than Jeff. :)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Wow, Jeff!!!! Your picks suck!!! How could you only score 59????? What's wr...... oh..... well..... um........... It could happen to anyone. Let's get 'em next week.

David Range

Agent
Bwahahaha! I begin my move to the top of the leaderboard. :)
In other news, the Huskers are once again heroes in the state of Nebraska after drubbing the mighty McNeese State, while giving up 2 TD's to a I-AA program. Solich is a savior, QB Jamaal Lord is the second coming, and all is well once again in HuskerLand.
:rolleyes:
David

Earl J

Stunt Coordinator
Bwahahaha! I begin my move to the top of the leaderboard.
And we have a new leader folks!! Wow! Nice view from up here.:D
I'd like to thank my dog Kobe for choosing Mississippi over Florida, my wife for picking Colorado over Kansas State because she has always wanted to see a buffalo, and last but not least, I'd like to thank all of my fellow hometheater forum members. Without all of you, I'd have nobody to step on, I mean lean on for support.
Hey, I'm only in 9895th place on the leader board....Woohooooo!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks