What's new

Eragon Any Reviews?? (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I know alot of people didn't like it but I've decided to take a chance on it since I had a gift card (I got the 2 disc version). I haven't noticed any reviews though, did FOX send any out?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'll rent this. A friend was telling me about he was laughing out loud at the Star Wars parallels, and apparently he wasn't the only one in the theatre doing so. My daughter is a fan of the books, so she may buy it.

Michael Morris

Stunt Coordinator
If you purchase this movie because you think it will be anything like the book then you will probably be very disappointed. I have read both books and enjoyed them greatly but the only thing this movie really took from the books was dragon riders and character names :P

This is a pretty decent dragon/action movie if you enjoy fantasy stories about dragons and magic then you will probably enjoy this. It is fun to watch but I couldn't help but be disappointed because of the dissimilarities to the book.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm thinking I'll like it as well. I could care less about the SW inspiration, it can still be a fun film. At any rate, there is (or is going to be) a rifftrax for it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the single-disc edition has a chapter insert? I haven't seen the film but I am being rather pessimistic about it. It seems that Fox doesn't do chapter inserts unless the disc is a flipper or if the movie is a sequel, a remake or film that did poorly at the box office.

I know Fox has one for the 2-disc edition, but I wonder if they ever put any effort into making them for the single-disc edition or just put a standard promotional insert. Walk the Line (single disc) didn't have one. :frowning:

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I finally got around to watching this movie and I suprisingly enjoyed it ALOT... go figure :P

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^
ditto both of the above. I haven't yet seen it but both my mother and my niece loved it. Maybe if you can get your head around the fact that it borrows from other material, and don't have a problem with it you'll enjoy it. I fully expect to like it when I get around to seeing it.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I'll be picking up the 2 books soon (when is the 3rd one coming?) Also anybody hear any rumors on a 2nd movie?

TedD

Supporting Actor
If you haven't seen this in HiDef, then you really are missing out.

Watched this last night on BD and the image and audio quality are simply outstanding. Detail levels are amazing, everything about the HiDef transfer is reference. DTS 5.1 Master Audio (Lossless encoding!!!) included!
This transfer should also remove any reservations anyone has about MPEG2 encoding of HD (on BD anyway) as well.

Ted

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I enjoyed it. Amazing how close certain things were to Star Wars. When he goes to the barn and finds his Uncle killed. Comes out and the dragon tells him, "there was nothing you could have done, if you were here, you'd have been killed too". A couple other things as well.

Users who are viewing this thread