What's new

ER season 13 thread (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Thanks for the info everyone!

Now to "check out" of this thread, I happened to catch a few eps whilst here on vacation in the US, but once I get back home, local TV is at the tail end of S11.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The John Stamos character is seriously annoying. I'd be agreeing with Pratt. Here last we he screwed up and forgot to chart info which almost got someone killed, and he's still not doing it. I get it they are trying to make him into the George Clooney-rule breaker role, but it's too over the top.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Or is this going in the direction of the whole arc with Clemente (John Leguizamo) last season? I've never stopped watching ER, so I suppose I'm pretty forgiving to the weaker storylines, but last season seemed to show some growing pains with odd shifts in tone and botched attempts to work in new characters (Leguizamo and Kristen Johnson). I liked some of the things they tried to do with Clemente, but it ultimately just seemed to peter out and he faded away into mental illness. I get vibes that all the wrong things this John Stamos character is doing will eventually cause trouble, which seems a lot like the Clemente arc. But do they have any idea where to take that so it actually works this time?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good episode featuring Forest Whitaker as a former patient Ames who sues Kovach after treatment ended up with Ames suffering a stroke and suffering left arm paralysis and blurry vision in his left eye. Whitaker gave a good performance as Ames, and it'd be tough not to find in his favor, but we will have to wait for the verdict.

Abby's first day back was a fiery one. Pratt is getting a new roommate. Ray got hit on by Neelah's surgical med student during burns treatment. Gates was all for the out-of-the-box treatments.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
No one mentioned this last week, but Neela's med student had two of the greatest lines I have heard on network TV regarding a "hygiene problem".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So now we know why Gates doesn't like to do charts, and what was up with his home situation.

I am counting down the episodes before Neelah comes back to the ER since surgery is a snippy place to be. LOL at Neelah's attempt at small talk with Frank.

Morris continues to bring the chuckles.

Kovach's case is finally resolved, and he is off the hook, but Ames is still distraught and just wants the normal use of his limbs/eyes again.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/9/06

I was laughing when Whitaker starting chatting up Abby (a la "The Shield"). That was a weird bit of deja vu going on with Whitaker's roles of late on TV. Luka's gonna drop a load when he realizes that Ames is lurking around Abby and Joe.

The DID patient did a good job cycling through the different personalities. Sam was really relishing the challenge of dealing them him/them. Morris had a minor character break-through after Sam verbally slapped him around when he was moping about his lot in life.

Ray seeing Gates and Neela get it on must have hurt him a bit on the inside, at least he's got the new hottie surgeon gal to ease his pain.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"The show must go on."

The past episode got pretty annoying with the kids /w rabies subplot.

At least Gates finally got up the nerve to try to make a break with his present-day "Uncle Jessie" role in order to pursue Neela.

Pratt walked in on a big shock at his apartment after letting his brother stay with him.

Kovach and Ames, not liking where this is going.

Will the Fred Ward character be someone from Abby's past?

Laughed at the nervousness Weaver displayed when the news reporter hit on her after an emergency trach at a elementary school while filming a medical report for the local news station.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Scoop and Run"

Abby did get damn lucky with the rescue in the bus on the verge of tumbling into ravine of sorts after a bad accident. She is a tough broad, which is why I've like her characters all these years, warts and all.

Gates is a knucklehead. 'nuff said.

Weaver cockblocked Pratt. Excellent.

Loved Weaver's warm welcome to Katie to her ER rotation with "I hope Ray is giving you the lay of the land."

It's weird seeing Weaver talking like a human again, and not a bureaucrat.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There were quite a few LOL moments in this Laura Innes-directed episode (of course, she directs the episode where she jumps her TV producer). The ice-pick in the head was good for a good laugh. The murse had an auspicious first day in the ER. Even Morris had a nice moment slamming the shrimp surgeon that sort of turned on Hope. Pratt just can't quite accept his gay brother yet. Ames appear to be playing games with Kovach and his family. So who could Fred Ward's character be, and why is he so interested in Abby and Kovach's home life? Perhaps he's Abby's lost absent father? Katie is very cute, she's slumming it with Ray.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Could someone put in a spoiler box, what Kovach did to ensure Ames won't be bothering them again. I lost the cable signal for this show during the part of the show.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Probably doesn't belong in spoilers, since the episode already aired, but in case you want to surprise yourself: He went to where he worked, grabbed him by the collar, pushed him, and threatened him: "If you come near me or my family again, I'll kill you"
Knowing ER, this won't work. I'm not a fan of this storyline.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No need for spoiler text: Kovach confronts Ames at his construction job, and they take a walk to talk, they end up on a bridge walkway. Kovach brings up Ames keeping tabs on Abby and Joe and stalking them at their apartment. Ames claims that he doesn't want to hurt anyone, doesn't want to see anyone lose their family like he has. Ames brings up that Kovach lost his first family in Europe, and that's when Kovach grabs Ames by the collar, muscling him over the railing, and threatens to kill Ames if he continues with the stalking and being a negative presence in their lives.

Later, when Abby and Kovach leave the ER for the evening, Kovach finally tells Abby about Ames being the guy who Abby met in the park, and was the one with Joe's stuff toy, and that he had "handled" the situation. Then Abby gets all huffy about Kovach not telling her about Ames and returning to his "protector" side without including her in matters that affect the family, and Abby hails a cab because she fears Ames could be one the move and she wants to get home quicker to make sure the sitter and Joe are okay. Kovach insists that he was "taken care" of the situation, but Abby is not having any of it. She has to yell at Kovach for him to get into the cab, and then the cab heads on home for them. Roll credits.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thank you Ken and Patrick for that update. Now, I am up to speed on ER. That fills in the gaps that I missed on Thursday.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/7/06

Had to laugh hard and laugh heartily at the "McCreamy" dig at Grey's Anatomy.

Gates is a pragmatist, sure, it helps folks in the long run, but he's going to leave a wake no matter where he points his focus on.

Seems like Morris really drank the kool-aid after all. Numbnut.

Luka played right into Ames's hands, but I'm not really sure what a restraining order buys him.

I really thought Dubenko was going to truly profess his desire for Neela, but he pulled back on the throttle and went for the safe play.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I thought Neela was going for a, "No please don't, I'm already with someone else (once I make a decision)", so she wasn't hoping for another suitor.

Are we supposed to believe Morris actually saw Santa at the end?

The Ames storyline kinda pisses me off. Luka should have asked the cop, what if Ames comes near him? Luka should have it clearly on the record that he doesn't want Ames sniffing around him and his family in the first place, and he only threatened the guy because the cops wouldn't do anything.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Breach of Trust"

Whoa! Lots of changes got started with this episode.

Pratt is in so much trouble with dispensing drugs at that church last month.

Alex has turned into his father (i.e. criminal) with swiping Morris's credit card and going to town on it.

The murse and Sam continue to get their flirt on.

Tony's "family" do their best to get between him and Neelah.

Kovach didn't handle budget cutting with the precision of a surgeon, but rather with the tact of bull in a china shop. Weaver gets to shine on her way out. I had no idea this was coming, though it was quickly set up early in the episode with the job offer in Florida. This just seemed really hastily put together, I wonder if it was planned, or just something that needed to happened.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"A House Divided"

I'm glad they gave Weaver a farewell episode, not the rush job from the last episode. That was a nice scene between Abby and Weaver.

Pratt now has a mug shot.

The rumors were true, Fred Ward is indeed playing Abby's deadbeat dad, and she was not happy to find out when he finally revealed the truth.

Ray is still hung up on Neelah, but that train has left the station, dude.

Gates tries to extricate himself from his quasi-family situation.

Sam decides to give the thing with the murse a try after grandma gives the "life's too short" speech.

The ending had so many cliffhangers, when is E.R. coming back? Sheesh.

1. Alex accidentally sets fire to the apartment.
2. Abby finds Kovach's worse nightmare in their apartment, and Kovach is nowhere to be found.
3. Gates gets a call from Sarah as her mom appears to have overdosed in an attempt to kill herself because Gates left them.
4. Pratt's in jail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks