ER 5/8/03 (not in HD)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mike Soltis, May 8, 2003.

1. Mike Soltis

Mike Soltis Stunt Coordinator

I thought this was the 200th episode...
    Why no HD???

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

2. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

NBC announced a few days ago this episode would not be in HD. No reason was given.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Ow, my head hurts with all the flash forwards and backwards in the storytelling.

4. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Second Unit

I thought the opening sequence with Carter was nice, a cool flashback to the opening sequence of the first ep with Greene.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The writing was going for a lot of day/night symmetry in the way the scenes were shot. The CGI with Romano stood out a little bit, but I guess on a TV budget, you go with what you can get.

Anyone think Carter might be exposed to AIDS (like the Michael Michelle character almost was a few seasons ago?)

Is it really over for Carter and Abby?

I've missed Susan's sarcastic streak.

So is Pratt really coming back next season?

6. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

all i gotta say is that carter is done...he'll take the trust fund money and retire (unless he gets killed in the Congo)

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

But I think Noah Wylie has one more year of ER on his contract, but I can see next year being his last year for sure.

8. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I don't think I could take another year of watching another "regular" die slowly like the Mark Green farewell tour of a season.

10. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

11. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

12. BrandonM

BrandonM Stunt Coordinator

Although Noah Wyle is only under contract thru next season, he has expressed interest in extending his contract. Here is a recent quote I found:

13. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I predict we'll see pratt's dude Leon next season. and hopefully Carter will have a peaceful, well thought out exit not like Greene or Benton.

14. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

i came in a couple of minutes late and was confused as hell by the jumping back and forth in time. i struggled for a while then just gave up trying to understand. it'll take another viewing to clear things up for me.

15. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I watched from the beginning and was confused as hell! A quick re-watch from the beginning cleared things up though. I think IMDB was reporting that Noah was considering renewing his contract after next year. He allegedly had a change of heart.

16. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

I think it would be best for everyone if they ended this show after this season. I know there are contractual issues, and NBC certainly doesn't have anything that can equal ER's ratings, even in its decline.
    But it's time to give this show a rest. If not, then the producers should start paring away some of the fringe characters (Susan) who have nothing to do.

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

As long as the contracts are signed, and there is no viable replacement that can fill that timeslot, we are going to have ER for at least one more season.

18. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

so does everyone think ER will decline after this season? Romano is armless, Carter is out after next season, Weaver is corrupt, Luka is gonna kill himself over Abby, Susan and the pilot will alope again and move, that leaves Gallant and Corday who will be caught in a love triangle with Anspaugh. Pratt and Chen will go to NW after all, Maluchi will come back and him and Jerry will run the hospital...at that time, ER will jump the shark...okay I hit a new tangent

19. TerryW

TerryW Stunt Coordinator

In watching this excellent episode (that does require a second viewing to fully appreciate it) I was reminded of the Stephen King book and subsequent film adaptation of Dolores Claiborne. That story also has two different parallel timelines being told at the same time with the common thread of an eclipse. I wonder if the writers of er are King fans. [​IMG]