What's new

Epson Printer Help (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I own an Epson Stylus Color 660 Printer and I'm in a jiffy. I need to print out a two page report for school and my printer will not print the report since I ran out of color ink. The Epson window keeps on popping up and telling me...
Color ink is out.
Replace the color ink cartridge. Click the [How to...] button for instructions on replacing ink cartridges.
... and another pop-up window telling me to retry or cancel. I even went into printer properties and told the printer to print in black ink (as I have tons of black ink left) instead of color but it still wont print! Please, if you know how to get around this, help me!
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
There's no way around it. The printer needs both cartridges to be operational before it will print anything, in any colour.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Yeah I got an Epson too and I just ran out of color ink. No printing for me now. Its either I get some ink or I get another printer....It only cost me $40 and for the price of the ink, its gonna be close.
BTW, anyone has the Xerox XK50C? Looks cool and has everything I would need in one "box"?
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I think the reason Epson designed it that way is to stop the clogging of the ink channel into the head. If you've been using a cartridge, there is always a little bit of ink left at the top of the head when you remove it. If this is left open the ink will eventually dry. By forcing you to replace the cartridge they are trying to avoid this happening.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Don't bother buying the real epson ink...there's lot of knock off's available that will give you the same image quality (esp black text) for a fraction of the cost.
------------------
http://www.attcanada.ca/~itisi

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Andrew knows the story.
I got colour for $15.
B&W for $10.
That's Canadian!!
Brent L

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I used unbranded Epson-compatible carts in my old 640 for several months. They worked fine, but the colour purity wasn't quite the same. The hues always came out a little warmer than they were supposed to. Also, the newer Epsons use enhanced 'light fast' inks, which when used with the right paper makes the printed images a lot more resistant to fading. Not sure if the cheapo brands have the same qualities there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks