Epson Home 10 projector

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jim Mcc, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Feb 11, 2004
    I am wondering if anyone who owns this projector can give me your opinions on it.I have already read a couple reviews on it. Would a 54" X 96" screen be too big, we can sit back as far as 15 feet. I was interested in the new Epson Cinema 200 until I spoke to a sales rep today, and he told me the street price was $2,999. It doesn't even have DVI. Thanks.
  2. Brent Hutto

Brent Hutto Supporting Actor

Aug 30, 2001
    I'm considering the same projector, Jim. Hope a Home 10 owner speaks up.

According to one review, on the lowest brightness/highest contrast mode you'll get about 360 lumens from a calibrated Home 10. On a 36 square foot screen that will work out to about 10 ft-L (too dim) on a screen with 1.0 gain and about 14 ft-L (needs a perfectly dark room) with a 1.4-gain white screen. So if you have any stray light at all you'll need something like a Da-Lite High Power with a gain of 2.5-3.0 to get a nice, bright picture. Or you could use the other Theater mode for about 460 lumens and probably get along just fine with a 1.4-gain screen (18 ft-L).
  3. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

Feb 19, 2002

Seems all I do is point people to the AVS Forum - also known as AV Science - where you can check out their site and look under "Digital projectors under $3500" where you will find info on members who have bought this projector and many others and be able to make an informed decision. Many people have a very difficult time being able to demo a front projector, and usually they are not setup very well either. I ended up with a Panasonic AE500 ( same as PT500 ) thanks to this site and hope it helps you as much as it did me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Brent Avery
  4. dajaga

dajaga Stunt Coordinator

Jun 4, 2003
    i own the epson home 10, i paid 2300.00 canadian for it. but i bought a serge protector, high def cables for dvd player, and the screen and projector came as a package. i bought some stuff from my local store. the same place where i got my paradigm speakers. but any ways. the original price of the projector and screen combo was 2300. i think it was 500 for the screen and 1900 for the pj,

but any ways i demoed a 7000.00 dollar pj and then this one. i personally couldnt really tell much defference. but i think its the best bang for the buck.