What's new

Epsom Stylus 500 printer problem (1 Viewer)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
My Epsom Stylus 500 ink jet printer will no longer print in black and just last night the blue disappeared.
Yes, the ink cartridges are full (I replaced them several times to be sure).
The printer is functioning normally and I have used the unit's self-cleaning button MANY times, but still no black or blue printing.
I'm guessing the ink has hardened or congealed somewhere in the system.
Any ideas on cleaning or flushing out the printer????
------------------
Link Removed

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I had a similar problem with my old Epson 600, I tried everything to get it unclogged and the only thing that worked was taking it and dropping it down 11 flights of emergency exit stairs at my dorm room and then going out and replacing it with an Epson 777.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
And what will you do when your Epsom 777 gets clogged?
Buy another Epsom?
------------------
Link Removed

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I haven't decided that yet. The reason why I bought the 777 over the something like the 980 or the 880 was that I know I don't do a lot of printing, but just enough to need a printer. I will let you know when the 777 dies, its coming up on a year old and has already outlast the cheap 600.
Seriously though, I heard if you take the heads out and use a hard bristled toothbrush and use alcohol it will normally clean it out, but I for some reason doubt that would have helped my 600
wink.gif

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Bill:
You might have bad ink carts. How old are they? Would you be able to trade them in? Did you email Epson about this?
I just purchased a Epson Stylus Photo 780 that is 2880 x 1440 DPI, 6 color ink. The ink is specially formulated to last several years before fading. The printer was only $149 at Best Buy.
If you can't get the ink to start working with new carts I can recommend the 780 as a replacement.
Parker

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
You might have bad ink carts. How old are they? Would you be able to trade them in? Did you email Epson about this?
I bought these carts early last year and have no problem until now (I've used up several carts already), so I don't think I'll be able to trade them in. The ink worked fine one day and the next day...not a drop!
I did e-mail Epsom, but all I got was a phone # and they wanted my credit card just to ask a question...no thanks!
I suppose I could go out and buy some new carts but if they don't work then I'm stuck with useless carts which aren't cheap around here. What other Epsoms are the 500 carts compatible with?
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks