What's new

Epik Dynasty review (1 Viewer)

ewells

Auditioning
Real Name
eric wells
Just looking for any reviews on the Epik Dynasty? I am looking to upgrade my sub and lookig at Epik,Svs,and Klipsch.

Chris Bedard

Stunt Coordinator
Of the three brands you have listed, I'd rank them for subs:

Epik
SVS

Klipsch

However, I think you'll find the Epik and SVS are on a whole 'nother level compared the the Klipsch. Check out Elemental Designs as well, for good performing, reasonably priced, high output.

Personally, I have an Epik Conquest (their previous model series, largest). The build quality is solid, and the customer service was top notch when I dealt with them. The output on this thing is amazing, but it is tremendous. Their newer subs, like the Dynasty, are smaller. Generally positive reviews though.

Check out AVSForum. Loads of Epik owners there. They have a thread in the Subwoofers section.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Epik's owner is a Chad Kuypers who is a member here. His amps come from Indigo Technology of Canada (BASH). His drivers were designed and built by Scott Atwell of Fi Car Audio (former owner of Resonant Engineering). That's a lot of great ingredients and all Chad has to do is design implement them into a proper design which a LOT of customers think his has done.

And if you call Epik you will probably talk to Chad's father. It's a family business in the north Chicago suburbs.

-Robert

headknocker

Agent
Real Name
Kevin

Yup. Chad's father's name is Dale.

Several years ago I bought an Atlas 12 and Arsenal 12 from them when they owned Ascendant Audio. AA is still around but it's now owned by Scott.

Brian Serene

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Serene

I spoke to Epik a week ago and they are no longer using BASH amps in any of their subwoofers. I am a little uncomfortable that they use a 600 watt amp in all 5 of their new subs.

The Conquest will probably not come back, but they are looking to see how they could source a 1,000 (or even 1,200) watt amp, IF they decide to bring the Conquest back.

The Dynasty appears to be going over quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.