What's new

Entry level speaker recommendations (1 Viewer)

tcat

Auditioning
Real Name
terry
Hello,
I am about to purchase a new set of bookshelf speakers for my 5.1 surround setup. My budget is $1,000 for the speakers alone. I am currently considering buying a set of Polk Audio RM700's. Does anyone have any other recommendations for that price range? also, what are people's opinions of these speakers?

TF-600s

Grip
Real Name
David
Hi, How big is your room you will be setting up your HT in? What amplifier are you using? Are you planning on buying the 5 speakers and the sub woofer? Just some info needed to give you the right advise.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I have no experience with those Polks. I can recommend Axiom M22s. Speakers are a very personal choice, even when comparing two very good speakers. So whatever you buy it's best to listen to it first if possible, and if it's not possible, make sure you purchases from a dealer with a liberal return policy. It's also useful to try speakers in the room you'll be using them. Since you have a decent budget, you might want to consider getting 2 or 3 pairs, trying them in your room, and sending back the ones you don't like. The ~$150 will be well worth it to get the best speakers for you.

TF-600s

Grip
Real Name
David
Al is right. Speakers are the most important part of your HT set up. They will last you a very long time. If you are talking about the RM705 set, I would stay away from satalite speakers and go with Bookshelf. A good Bookshelf speaker will give you the low frequency needed for Music and Tru HD sound. Generally you want a speaker to at least go down to 80 hz minimum.

TF-600s

Grip
Real Name
David
Check out this new Thread!
What speakers are well-suited for my receiver?
This should point you in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks