What's new

Entourage: Season Four (1 Viewer)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

You have a pretty forgiving eye though, Travis. :) I remember your posts in the 24 thread and you let a lot more go than I do. Not that one person's opinion is any more valid. Just different.

I'll have to rewatch the earlier seasons, but I felt they used to incorporate a lot more jokes. There seemed to be a shortage of well written zingers. The fun of the show was watching 4 guys just be guys. My overall impression was that the last two seasons were very uneven. Some bright spots, but a lot of episodes where it just dragged. My biggest complaints were the humanizing of Ari (we did not need to see him jealous or crying) and the complete removal of reality for Drama. He is supposed to be the loose cannon, but give me the golf club scene, not him on his knees to Chuck Liddell.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
True as that may be :), I think S3 had alot more OK to outright bland episodes than S4 did. Having to do 20 episodes in S3 must have put too much of a strain on the writers and I think they were able to rebound better when they went back to 12 episodes for S4. And when I watched S1, I thought it was an alright way to spend 30 minutes but I became a fan of the show with S2.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

Speaking of that scene, I'm really hoping that they make Adam Goldberg's character a semi-regular, like the Billy Walsh.

He consistently cracks me up... :)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

That may be true. There were a number of 'guy references' in the early years that made you laugh when you saw them on screen. Things that every guy talks about growing up, but nobody knows where they came from. Universal guy speak. E.g., the hand slap game, crossing swords, the agreement to not have girlfriends, when it's ok to call someone's ex a bitch, etc. They got away from that in season 3 and then tried to recapture it, but I thought they missed. They dropped the C-bomb a couple of times and it just didn't seem to fit. I had the impression that it was someone trying to write an ep of how guys speak, but not really knowing and figuring we all just curse a lot. Too many of the eps relied on cameos (Artie Lange, Anna Faris) or locations (vegas) as a plot point. The setting is fine, but there has to be some story to it. I shouldn't bag on the vegas ep. That was a pretty good ep, with Ari sweating the blackjack, Turtle running the scam for the stripper contest, the fight with Seth Green's posse and Drama's masseuse Ken.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Drama seems to get alot of those lines and I think Dillions nails the delivery every time.

Drama was hysterical this season and by far my favorite charcter.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I also enjoyed thiese 12 episodes a lot more than the 20 from season 3 and I'm really excited to see what they have in store for season 5. The only problem is that it's not scheduled to air until June '08. :frowning:

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I thought the finale was the best ep of the season bringing back the balance of comedy and heart, and the show's formula of something bad happening, but working out in the end anyway.

This was Kevin Dillon's season to shine and he had the best material yet again. Turtle was pretty much relegated to the background after getting several front and center eps in S3, but he did have a great take in this one when he found out he was getting a blowjob :D

I'm with Charlie though, that this was the worst season. The chemistry between the characters was off in most eps and the writing, particularly the comedy, wasn't nearly on the level of past seasons. It had me questioning whether I still wanted to watch the show a couple of times, though the finale definitely saved it.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I was just thinking the other day "what a role reversal for the Dillon brothers". It's not that long ago that Matt was the big star in movies like There's Something About Mary while Kevin was just that crazy ass dude in the woods on 24. Now Kevin is the co-highlight of the show on Entourage(along with Piven) while Matt is voicing Pontiac commercials and starring in turds like You, Me and Dupree. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Oddly enough, Kevin Dillon is the reason why I started to watch Entourage at all. I've been a fan of his since his days in Platoon, The Doors and The Blob remake (it's 1988 so he's got a really funny mullet in that one) and when he was on 24, I was so stoked to see him in a semi-high profile gig again. I was wondering how he was gonna help Bauer find the bomb and how cool it was gonna be... and he ended up as part of a Kim storyline. A part of me died that day. :)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
So with this crazy whole HBO scheduling thing, when does their nest season start? I thought this season was good but not really stellar, fwiw. Dillon was better and the Turtle character is getting some more air time it seems too.
But is it me or does Dillon really stand out from the crowd...like he is too old?? Like an older guy trying to be young...maybe I just keep seeing him has Bunny in Platoon?

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

I really like that about his character. He is the older brother that needs to show them the way but never really knows which way that is going to be.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea. Dramas advice is usually good for a laugh but also their reaction to it. The E and Turtle usually blow him off or ridicule what he has to say - and it makes for alot of funny moments. In alot of ways Drama is what really kinds of holds this group together. It funny how he just kind of got paired with Turtle.

One of my fav little moments from this season was when they were remembering stealing Drama car when they were all back east. Which horrified him because they were so young,none of them had a license and he loved the car.

It usually turns out that way, your brothers friends become yours. It did with me anyway.

I would love to see Dillion nominated for his performance this year. Because he was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks