What's new

Entourage: Season Five (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm surprised no one mentioned the 21 minute running time of last night's episode. I enjoyed it, but I have to admit, the whole Drama being depressed thing was old 5 minutes after it started (2 episodes ago?). Time to move on from that nonsense. Loved the inside Hollywood stuff of this episode though.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I too thought it to be a very good set-up that will allow them to explore some interesting avenues (and as long as those avenues have more Carla Gugino I'll go down them). I thought the ending with E just stunned and shaking his head was pitch perfect. My biggest complaint is that it was such a short episode.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Fire Sale
I too really loved this episode.
Not many funny parts, which for me was the line from Ari to Lloyd saying that he will have a new movie poster of Vince to wack off to.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

What really impressed me was the whole script bidding war and Hollywood lingo talk. Learned a new expression $1 mill against $2 mill

My favorite part is when Eric got the call from Amanda and she gave him the Edward Norton news of $1 mill against $2 mill and how she delivered the line.
Great moment for me.
Then Eric's shocking look and having it pause a bit before the credits came up. very nice!

We also get a nice little Tim Matheson moment trying to buy the script

And yes, Carla Gugino does get hotter and hotter somehow in this show.

Curious to see if were going to see Edward Norton on the show at some point.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the running time of the episode, I'm just happy that HBO allows a show to run 'short' if the producers want it to. If the episode works best at 22 minutes, great. I'll take that every time over having 7 or 8 more minutes of scenes that didn't work or were unnecessary just so it runs the full block of time.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i wonder how mark wahlberg knows ed norton from... anyways. he should appear since they even allowed the use of his name =P.

i'm still waiting for lucas and spielberg to show up @some point if they care to =P. although, this is a "young, hip" series and not for people of that generation.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
Wow, did that episode suuuuck. Nothing but filler, and unentertaining filler at that. A shame too since they had built up such a great lead-in with the end of the last episode, then they just squander it away. I think the writers were the ones on shrooms.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode might be funnier to those who have done 'shrooms before, but I thought it was one of the slowest-moving episodes ever of Entourage. It was like the anti-Entourage episode in terms of pacing and comedic timing.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea one of the worst episodes of the show - ever.

Some funny dialogue from Ari, but thats about it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've seen people on shrooms before (I'd most likely have Ari's freakout reaction if I did them so I've always abstained) and the guys' portrayl was dead on to me and funny because of that.

That being said, I can understand how people didn't like the episode since nothing happened. They could have written a scene where Vince makes that decision with about 30 seconds of screentime but I guess they wanted to slow things down and do a different type of episode.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
"One of?" Easily the worst episode ever. The writer for last night's ep has been with the series from the beginning and has had a number of duties as assistant producer, writer, etc. She was also the actress who played Jacqueline's friend who got in the accident when Drama couldn't reach her.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
The show has been on a decline since the 3rd season or so.
It is still good, but no where near the 1st 2 or 3 seasons.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Whew! Glad to hear I'm not the only one that thought this was probably the worst episode of the show EVER. Up to now, I've thought this season was consistently great so I'm certainly not going to write it off because of one bad episode, but man was that horrible. Same thing happened when Tony went out to the desert with a chick from Vegas in Season 6 of The Sopranos. I wish all these writers would realize that watching people freak out on peyote or mushrooms does not constitute great entertainment.

The only time I did laugh during this episode was when Drama was taking a leak and said "I thought I pulled my cock off". :D

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
yeah brent, i thought of the sopranos when i saw this ep =P. the only way this could have been funny is if the peyota trip resulted in the entire episode done as musical while they were on a trip with the p0rnstars. were they real p0rnstars BTW or not?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks