What's new

Entourage season 2 (1 Viewer)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Last night's ep was a first. A semi-serious storyline that actually worked. I think they could've mocked the Aqua-hook thing a little more, or else made a little more out of the fact that Saigon stole the Maserati. And Turtle as a manager -- has potential. I hope he screws up. that could be funny. Drama acting like he was from the street was pretty funny. Tugging on Ari's chain was also pretty good.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

That was the highlight of the episode for me. As good and as funny as everyone on the show is, Kevin Dillon always makes me laugh the hardest. "You're so white, Drama."

And just the idea of stealing someone's car and leaving your demo in the CD player is so damn funny to me. :)

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

That was funny especially who they thought whose car they were actually stealing. Steve Berman's (of Enimem fame) of Interscope Records. That is classic.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm very interested in the follow-though on playing Ari for the fool. Previews suggest he's coming to wit's end in the next episode.

I enjoyed E standing up to Babs.

And I'm not sure that Vince's "acting" about his love for Mandy was false -- I wonder if he's manipulating both Ari and Eric.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

Just Ari. He is totally fucking with him.

"Got MILF?"

"Eric Murphy - Loser", "Ari Gold - Douchebag!"

"You've killed more whales than the Japanese fishing fleet."

So many great one liners in this episode.

Drama trying to be black was so funny and disheartening at the same time. It just drives me nuts when I see white guys trying to do this. I'm always tempted to tell them to go get a audio recording taken and listen to it in 2-5 years and see how ridiculous they sound.

It was weird having no Mandy in this episode.

Beverly D'Angelo has not aged well. I've never really found her attractive, but she is showing her age. The banter between her and Eric was priceless.

I love how E didn't back down from MandyTeam's intimidation. Looking at that team, no wonder some people in Hollywood do shit movies. They need the money to pay their Entourage!

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Ari to Lloyd,
If I was 25 and loved cock, we could be something

The guy has so many classic lines over both seasons I can't remember them all. Jermey Piven definitely deserves an Emmy for this role.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
This was my favorite line from last nights episode.

Ari: I drove to work in a $80,000 dollar Mercedes & I am driving home in a prop car from The Fast & the Furious.

LOL that was great.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
We need more sneaking into Hef's mansion, Jessica Alba and Jamie Pressley's parties, etc. The drama is ok, but not laugh out loud funny. The exchanges with Ari were great, esp with Lloyd, but the comedy has definitely given way to the attempt, not unsuccessful, to incorporate more plot. I get that not everything is supposed to just be fun and games with these guys, but it was much funnier when it was.

Vince actually had two funny lines in one episode, probably a personal best for him:

"Was that our car?"

"Those guys never say goodbye."

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Another favorite from Ari to Lloyd:

"Lloyd start boxing up my office, grab everything. If you find a used condom, an executioners mask, a spiked paddle don't ask any questions just box the mother f*cker. Chop Suey Lloyd Chop Suey!" (or was it Chop Chop?)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Piven is dang funny. He took something so reminiscent of "Jerry Maguire" that I thought I'd be bored, and he made it enjoyable.

If Vince backs out of Aquaman, he would be an utterly unsympathetic and unforgivable character from then on. They can't do it.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Oh another good line from the Ari/Lloyd exchange --

Lloyd: If I come with you, you have to promise you won't insult my sexuality or my ethnicity.

Ari: I can't promise that, but I will always apologize afterwards.

Lloyd: Done.

RichardK

Second Unit
Ari is great. I know Ari will come back from his firing, but it sucked seeing him get ousted by that Terrance punk! His exchanges with Lloyd were damn funny in the aftermath though.

Also, please, please show more Sloan, and more of Sloan!

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
How can you fire a principal/partner with equity?

Guess that si why they call it TV.
Since Piven is realy the star of the show, he ain't going anywhere soon.

Watch for Cameron to get rid of Mandy Moore from Aquaman set!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping Ari would have said to Lloyd when it's apparent the gig is up (R-rated):

"This is your Zellwegger moment, don't fuck me up the ass here, Lloyd."

Drama's line about tears as lubricant was cute. Plus having the guys watching Brian's Song at the end was a nice touch.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

That was great! Especially watching Drama and Turtle trying not to cry:)

I was surprised that they managed to generate sympathy (in me anyway) for Ari. I mean he's hilarious but he's also a total bastard so I have trouble ever feeling bad for him.

Can't wait for the finale...

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I love Ari, he's the best character and best written character on the show. Eric being a second. Sadly in this season, Drama has just become a verbal punching bag, Turtle had nearly nothing to do for the first 11 episodes, but is finally coming into his own. Johnny needs to find something, he's classic and it's a shame that they're doing nothing with him.

"How many times have you done this?" - Turle
"More than you want to know..." Drama

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone catch the season finale on Sunday. It was a very good episode & I loved the way it ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks