What's new

ENTERPRISE renewed (all discussion here please!) (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I say "hack" with love. :) I tend to use the word to mean a writer who writes a lot of work, on assignment, making deadlines. It's what David does.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Ok, usually I associate "hack" in the negative conotation.

You are correct, that's what David does, and he's damn good at it. :D

Jason

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That news story's headline of Shatner coming back as Kirk was a silly tease to get people excited and to read the article. I read the same articles on Trekweb.

There is no set deal or definite ideas as to how Berman and company will get Shatner to appear or if he will due to his new gig on the new spin off show of "The Practice". Shatner has expressed interest in the idea and he even has his own idea of how he does come back. Could be via the Nexus, maybe Danials will pluck him out of the ether.

The debate on the Trek sites are if he does return on "Enterprise", that he should only come back as Kirk, James T., not his great grandfather. I'm not sure what would be the best idea, but I tend to agree, Shatner as anything other then Kirk is a wasted opportunity and a shameless ratings grab. So it better be a great idea to bring him back with! I have no problem of having Kirk show up on Enterprise, again, as long as it's done well. Heck, they could pull off another Forrest Gump/DS9 coup with the younger Shatner and cast, perhaps they voice new dialog.

Nelson

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Shatner coming back as Kirk -- even if it's done well -- would indicate a total bankruptcy of competence and ideas on the part of the folks behind Enterprise. Fix the damn show on its own; don't resort to stunts. It would be different if the show was actually good and they did this as something extra, as was the case with TNG/Spock and DS9/Tribbles. In fact, it doesn't help that it's already been done, so this further smacks of desperation.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I read the article on Trekweb too and it smells of desperation. They want Shatner or any of the other actors.
Bad idea!
God, just when you think Berman can't come up with anymore bad ideas he says that.
Nimoy was always critical in print of Voyager so I doubt he would to it. I hope Keonig or Takei or Nichols dont do it either.
How about some new ideas Rick????

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
If they bring back Kirk from the Nexus, they might as well bring back Wesley (traveller) and Sisko (emissary) while they're at it.

Did any Voyager character become a transcendent being?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't let this rumour or speculation, as this is all this is, get you too excited. I'd bet money it is not going to happen. The TOS cast know better and Shatner's gig on the The Practice spin off could take up his limited time, what with books, horse show charities, and other ventures. He did say he'd be interested to guest on Enterprise, but I'm sure if it was only for a good resaon.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member

Well, there you go.

There's no reason why Archer, Kirk, Wesley, Sisko, and Kes can't team up to take on the Q Continuum. :D

Mr. Berman, if you're reading this and this becomes a mini-arc on Enterprise, you may PM me to make arrangements for my royalty check.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Let's add Gary Mitchell from Where No Man has gone before. They could call it something like "Party of Gods."

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member

How about Decker/V'Ger! And Trelane! And the Friendly Angel! We could see Dr. Rasmussen's trip to the 22nd century as well. Include the time travellers from Captain's Holiday, and they could call the episode "A Vorgon Conclusion".

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to disappoint you, Jack. It is indeed stolen. I think it came from Eric Stillwell or one of the other Paramount guys who I saw at a convention years ago.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Had I been on the ENTERPRISE writing staff, there would have been no Suliban, no Borg, no Ferengi, and no Xindi. Starfleet would be called UESPA. The focus would be on Earth, Alpha Centauri, the Vulcans, the Andorians, the Tellarites, the Romulan War, and the formation of the United Federation of Planets.

Oh yes, one more thing. Our disastrous first contact with the Klingons would have led to the Prime Directive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks