What's new

Enterprise 12-Feb-02 (1 Viewer)

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
I really hated this ep. My wife and I both, and we don't often agree on TV and we both love Sci Fi in general and Trek in particular.
First, there was some kind of time travel component. The mini-black holes had something to do with that. But it was never explained. There was a significant amount of Enterprise debris on the asteroid, not just a shuttlepod bay door. "CLose the pod bay door, Brannon."
There was a definite setup there that was never fleshed out.
Along the lines of character development, what did we learn about those two? That in the face of grave danger and hopeless circumstance they drain the closest bottle of whiskey? I thought they were professionals, even if they are pre-Federation.
The writing was banal and the word "bum" stuck out like a sore thumb, appropriate for his home language or not.
Altogether, in conjunction with the bad science, the worst ep to date. And if my lovely wife agrees then I must be right and take a temperature check on hell, baby! :)
I still think BRaga/Berman has killed Trek. I am still watching because I think it's so bad that a rotted Roddenberry corpse is gonna walk onto the set and kick some ASS!! :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
First, there was some kind of time travel component. The mini-black holes had something to do with that. But it was never explained. There was a significant amount of Enterprise debris on the asteroid, not just a shuttlepod bay door.
:confused:
The wreckage was from the alien vessel docking with the Enterprise (it hit smashed the Enterprise's bay door as well).
There was no time travel.
I'm surprised everyone was bothered by the bad "science" when the glaring fault (IMO) was the all-to-rapid (and incorrect) assumption by Trip and Reed that the Enterprise was destroyed. That made no sense at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks