What's new

Enterprise 12/17/02 (1 Viewer)

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Hey, an episode that didn't suck.. It's been a while. Who wrote that one? I hope this is the start of a non-rage inducing episode streak.. :)
Anybody have anything on where the show's headed, story-lines, rumours..

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Ouch! I'm really losing interest in the show! Not only did I not watch last week's episode, I totally forgot to watch this week's episode! I was too busy getting ready to capture the "Schweady Balls" sketch on the Saturday Night Live Christmas Special! :D

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I must concur. Actually a decent episode, in that it didn't make me want to throw anything at the screen, which is more than I can say for the past few. In all, not bad.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I believe Sussman & Strong have "Written By" credit, with no "help" from the Executive Producers.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
It was good, Jack. And that's.. not bad :)
But I think they've pretty much used up their aliens attempt to take over the ship
storylines for the season! :)
Like I say, I hope this a turning point, and not just a fart in the wind.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Damn, a good one and my local UPN (WBFS 33) isn't showing it. Instead they're showing an NBA game. The damn Miami Heat.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
My only real complaint is that the crew are a bunch of wusses! All that space and they call that cramped?!? It's obvious none of them has ever spent a night in a Japanese capsule hotel! Or even worse, the 200 bed dormitory where I spent my high school days! :D
Aside from that, it was a decent story even if it was a bit recycled and predictable.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Like a previous poster in this thread, I taped but haven't watched last week's episode yet and I *thought* tonight was going to be a re-run, but instead we get quite an entertaining episode (AT LAST!).

I'm also hoping this will be a turning point, but you never really know do you. That being said, I have been reading in the Broadcasting Trades at work that UPN's big show is losing viewers by the droves. Maybe they've found this site and these threads and have become nervous?....

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Jack,
It was an ok episode. A bit predictable and whiffed of a recycled Voyager script but it didn't have as many flaws as most episodes.
I thought it was a bit of a leap that they trusted the aliens like they did. I kept wondering where the Picard with Riker/Data scene where they verify the aliens story was.
What the episode didn't do was make me care. I think I'm past that point. I'd like to know how many different bumpy face of the week aliens we are going to get before they address some of the pre TOS history.
I don't even think the woman from last week had a bump. Unless it was just hiddent from view. ;)
I aguess I get annoyed that at least Lucas is addressing the "what happened before" question. I'm not getting the feeling thats going to happen with Enterprise. Which is a shame you'd think there was enough outline that there would be plenty of scope for good writing.

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
Bad episode beginning with the premise. Enterprise could have easily outrun that storm at just Warp 1. The writers completely overlooked the long standing Star Trek tradition that natural phenomena never travel faster than light.
BTW The Tholians are coming.....
God, I hope not. They need to stop introducing species that were originally discovered by Kirk and crew. What's next? Archer and T'Pol travel back in time via the Guardian of Forever?

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Enterprise could have easily outrun that storm at just Warp 1. The writers completely overlooked the long standing Star Trek tradition that natural phenomena never travel faster than light.
Hmm.. Good pick up, James! Though, as troubling as the mutilation of Star Trek's timeline, ethos, science, etc. is, at this point I guess we'll have to take what we can get..

Hopefully there won't be many more slips!

GeorgeTW

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't watched Enterprise in a while, but I did this evening, pleasantly suprised that it didn't suck. The only change I would have made is a gratuitious nude in which Archer witnesses his science officer changing into her Vulcan Meditation Chiffon (Hey, I can dream).

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
God, I hope not. They need to stop introducing species that were originally discovered by Kirk and crew. What's next? Archer and T'Pol travel back in time via the Guardian of Forever?
Maybe that happens and the Guardian puts them in a position in the past that wipe's out the timeline where Enterprise has developed. Now things are back on track for Kirk and Co.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Kirk and Co. knew of the Tholians remember Spocks Line...

"Renouned Tholian Punctuality"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks