ENTERPRISE 04/02/'03: "The Crossing"

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Rex Bachmann, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Where's Sargon when you need him/it?

I was too impatient last night and switched to a PBS American Masters documentary about Joni Mitchell. And I don't even care much for Joni Mitchell. I'll be more open-minded during Sunday's "encore presentation."

2. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

3. Mark ZA

Mark ZA Agent

4. doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky Supporting Actor

doug zdanivsky

5. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Second viewing, second thoughts:

6. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

7. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

8. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

And they can't get into the nacelle, (except for the one in Tripp)???

Greg, thanks for the redemption on the window thing, when we see that happen, with Trip and his alien, it was after the aliens let the Enterprise leave the inside of their ship.

9. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann
    Greg_S_H wrote (post #26):

10. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Since the aliens were clearly lying about everything, uit's hard to make plot-holes out of how their stories didn't match up with the facts. As for Malcolm hitting on T'Pol, presumably the entity was either saying she was beautiful because Malcolm's brain was saying that was the correct way to initiate the mating procedure or because he was using Malcolm's knowledge/memories. It doesn't mean the clouds would be attrsacted to here andmore then the clouds would think the foods Tucker was eating taste good.

11. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann
    Dan Rudolph wrote (post #30):

12. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I didn't meaning that the aliens were necessarily lying about everything, only that all parts of their story are suspect.

13. derek

derek Second Unit

I enjoyed the episode and thought it brought up some interesting points to ponder. I believe a main theme was one of 'eternal life/death.' The super aliens had 'found/evolved to finding' the secrets to eternal life...a capability of allowing their 'souls' to exist indefinitely. However..they were now faced with that ship malfunctioning and their unability to repair it. They faced the prospect of death possibly for the first time in many millenia. Upon finding a human host as adequate my sense is that their civilized behavior was pummeled by a desire to avoid death as the cost of other life. So...chalk up one for the human species as being the more 'evolved.' [​IMG]

14. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

But I have a problem with non-corporeal beings, that are for all intents and purposes immortal, requiring a ship or bodies to sustain them.

I mean, from all of my best viewing and absorbing of meaning in Babylon 5, I always felt the Vorlons used the encounter suit and travelled in ships, mainly to interact with the younger races in a manner they could comprehend, not because they really needed them to survive.

15. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

They never really discussed if this was the ship their corporal bodies used and it was finally breaking down.

Perhaps, since the non-corporal beings had been "human-like" once (at least, I think so) since they were not compatible with Phlox, they had similar "sexual" and food appetites.

Malcom said he wanted T'Pol for mating purposes because she was the hottest woman on the ship (which is true, although the other woman was not bad looking at all) and some part of Malcom's instincts were driving the entity. Malcom's body probably does lust after T'Pol and hence putting the moves on her.

The beings probably weren't lying when they said they missed the sensations of their past existence. Part of their insistance on taking over the crew, perhaps.

Dan

16. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann
    John Co wrote (post #34):