What's new

Enough Power? (1 Viewer)

James Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Is 250W enough to push the Tempest?
Im looking at getting an Adire AVA250 first to run some other speakers I have now but look to get a Tempest some time later.

Thanks for any input

Pete H

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if this will help but I have spent a year looking for an amp to drive a fairly difficult load. I have discovered the amount of current an amp will deliver is not necessarily reflected in watts. I guess my real point is that I wouldn't eliminate an amp because of watts nor would I find favor with one because of high wattage. Quality trumps quantity.

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
It will be enought if you have a small room or make a big ported subwoofer. If you have a very large room or plan to make a small sealed one, you will do better with more power.

I can get 110dB easily with my Tempest on a 220L enclosure with "just" 250watts. And the volume knob is less than half the way!

James Brown

Stunt Coordinator
After posting this, I found that a few people are actually pushing their Tempest subs in a Sonotube with 250 watts.
In the case of quality over quantity, my next question is, how good are the Adire amps? Ive got more experience with car audio. Im very new to HT. I do see your point Pete, I just dont know enough about the different HT "brands".
Im very interested in building a Sonotube and have been trying to get this thing planned out. No luck in trying to get any info in the DIY forum.
I appreciate you guys getting back to me. Thanks!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks