What's new

Energy Take 5.2 Small or Large Setting? (1 Viewer)

JasonMilch

Grip
I was just able to pick up a pair of the Energy Take 2 Satellite speakers (black high gloss finish) for next to nothing from a local audio shop's going out of biz sale. I'm going to set them up as right and left surrounds in a budget setup that will soon have upgraded fronts and center channels (haven't decided what to buy yet). My question is on the receiver, do I set the Energy's to Small or Large? I am using a powered sub if that matters.

Thanks,
Jason

JasonMilch

Grip
Thanks for the quick and decisive reply. Now one more question: Any opinions on what I should get for my fronts and center? Besides the rest of the Energy set (which is still a possibility). Looking for a budget system and I'll be looking at used stuff. Say $250-$300 to fill it out. No floorstanders, only bookshelves or sats.
Thanks,
Jason

JasonMilch

Grip
one more thing. one of the energy's has a small tear in the grill. Any sources for replacement grills for these speakers?

Jason GT

Second Unit
Give it a little bit more time :)

Regarding the grilles: contact Energy.

Regarding the front speakers: go out and listen to some stuff. That's generally the best way to decide what you like and what you don't like.

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
If I am not mistaken you can get a pair of Energy Conn. C-1's for 300/pr. But this would put you at the edge of your budget with no center. It is possible, though unlikely, to find the three fronts for around 300. If not I reccomend the rest of the take 5.2 set up.,I have these I and I love them.
If you want to save more, many people haved asked about going the take to the Connoissuer route and I think most people are really happy with the results. Do a search for Energy take & Connoissuer and you should find the threads. Maybe a month or 2 old.

But as always don't buy a speaker based on mine or anyone else's opinion. We simply reccomend what we may like (or do like in many cases) in hopes that you or others may like it aswell. Your ears are the key. :D

JasonMilch

Grip
Thanks guys. I should have just bought the entire 5.2 package at once. I can't find anyone online who can sell me just 2 of the Energy Take series sats plus the CC. It looks like I'll be just buying a full 5 speaker set and eBaying my 2 new Energy Sats that I just bought (I know I could keep them and go 7.1 but the wife isn't ready for that yet)

FrankGlov

Auditioning
The energy Take 5.2 manual state sto place the reciever at "Large" I too prefer the large stting.There is a little more balance with the sub (8.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks