What's new

End of the season...already. (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I cannot believe its the end of the tv season already. It just seems like yesterday that the new season for old and new shows. Now, the long 4month wait for next season.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
ABC is already advertising summer shows. So is TNT. So all is not lost.

And True Blood and The Newsroom will be on HBO in the next couple of months, so that's good.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah not sure what you're talking about. Might be the end of season for the minor leagues, but the major league networks (AMC, Showtime, HBO, FX) will be going strong throughout the summer.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I know we have the summer shows. But, I am talking about the main 5 network shows. That are coming to an end. Although, I remember years ago...when the off season was ALL reruns.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I love TV and I certainly have a handful of summer shows I keep up with, but I am glad for a little break from so much intense TV watching. Makes the new episodes in September all the more delicious to anticipate.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
todd s said:
But, I am talking about the main 5 network shows.
You mean HBO, Showtime, AMC, F/X & Starz? :D

Sorry, but the "Big 5" are so far behind the cable networks now as far as quality shows it's not even funny. I think I'm down to two "Big 5" network shows that I watch now regularly, and one of them (The Office) is about to end and hasn't been good in years, and the other one (Person of Interest) I can take or leave.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Dexter, Wilfred, Perception, America's Got Talent, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Futurama all come back in the next few months. Plenty of TV to keep me busy until all the new shows come back.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I guess I got Breaking Bad, Falling Skies and Teen Wolf to look forward to. That's all I know about right now. I also have to say a likely goodbye to Vegas.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
JohnS said:
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Doesn't 'It's Always Sunny...' usually start in September?

Also, if you have nothing to watch during the summer, it's a great time to catch up on shows marathon style that you may have missed when they aired. To the original poster, if you've only been into the big 5 network shows, perhaps you missed out on some really good shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Shameless, Justified, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Homeland, The League, Louie, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Hell On Wheels, Deadwood, Eastbound & Down, The Walking Dead, The Killing, Game of Thrones, Rectify...I'm sure there are others that I missed...

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I often find summer TV to be just as busy, and as I find cable TV more entertaining than network TV. I mainly watch anything on USA (mainly the scripted shows), plus looking forward to Breaking Bad, Teen Wolf, Longmire, Falling Skies, and The Amazing Race Canada.

Oh man, I need to get out more. :P

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Maybe, it's more that I will miss some of my shows that are going to be off for the next four months.

On a side note..Speaking of summer shows. I used to get all annoyed at the 10 episode summer runs of shows...that you had to wait a year for the next season. But, it is amazing how fast time goes and they are all coming back soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks