What's new

Emmy Nominations 2006 (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
The middle charlies angel in the spelling tribute forgot that plastic doesn't let her face move normally anymore...

24 won!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What is Jaclyn Smith's secret too looking so youthful?

Props to Keifer and "24" as well as "The Office" and Jeremy Piven.

Benson R

Supporting Actor

I understand the sensitivity. But it was short notice. And you have to figure more people died this weekend in car crashes. If there had been a skit involving a car crash would that have been insensitive? I think this is too much for family and friends of the victims to see, but they probably were not watching the emmy's tonight.

I do think they should have thought to notify the kentucky affiliates though. But I don't think they were obligated to redo their opening at the last minute.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Very happy with many of the winners(Kiefer, 24, The Office, Jeremy Piven), but I really wish Steve Carell would've taken home Best Actor in a Comedy. He is absolutely brilliant in The Office. Also would've liked Gregory Itzin to win Supporting Actor for 24 as I can't remember hating a character that much in a long time...........he did his job very well. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Disappointed the Colbert Report didn't take any home. Hell, Colbert came on and gave the funniest moment of the night.

When they announced, "Coming up: A special tribute to Dick Clark," I got really worried! Especially since I knew the "special tribute to Aaron Spelling" was gonna be on later in the show.

Also, very happy for 24. Great season.

I stopped watching the Office, but if it's half as good as the original show it deserves the award. Judging from the NBC promo for the next season though, it looks like they milked the Jim/Pam moment for all it was worth. Maybe I'll check it out.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

The whole bit with Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert giving out the Reality TV show was hilarious. Stewart at first being in the Emmy spirit and then the look on his face while he reads the teleprompter stuff about the shows. Colbert's "I lost to Barry Manilow" was great. I wonder if they are going to riff ont he awards on their own shows this week.

24 was a great surprise - winning a few awards. It was very nice to see that.

Neil

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Cloris Leachman made the whole thing worthwhile.

"I got a kiss from Cloris Leachman!"

*boobie shake*

:laugh:

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I'm counting on it. I hope Stephan puts Jon "on notice" for stealing the awards that were rightfully his. The worshipping of the "Golden Idol" bit was funny too. We'll have to wait a bit since both shows are on vacation for the next two weeks.

I did notice that Stephan was on the list of writers who won for "The Daily Show" even though he was not on stage when it was awarded.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Bravo will air it twice today at 4PM and 9PM and tomorrow morning at 2AM.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I totally agree with your assessment. This was not some deliberate attempt to be insensitve on NBCs part. Had the plane crash occured earlier in the day, there is a possibility NBC might have changed the opening.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

It happened at 6:00 A.M. central time. How much earlier could it have been than that?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The plane crashed before dawn on the East coast, about 6 AM ET, 3 AM PT. Exactly how much earlier did it need to go down to give NBC the time to edit the opening so Conan went from "what could go wrong?" to being in the water and swimming towards the Lost island without showing the plane crash? Everybody would have still gotten the joke. Putting in some kind of graphic transition like a fade or dissolve to cover the missing footage would have been child's play for the professionals involved in the show and probably could have been done before lunch on the west coast. It wasn't that they didn't have time it is that they simply didn't think. This is Hollywood, after all, the self-involvement capital of the world. It simply never occurred to anyone connected with the show that there might be a problem because a plane crashing in Kentucky of all places wasn't even news. I doubt that most of the people involved with the Emmycast had even heard the story, much less thought twice about it.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks