What's new

Emergency! TV Series (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There are few threads that talk about Emergency!, but they are either the completed series and/or specific season.I started this thread to talk about the show, especially some of people's favourite episode!

Back in the late 1990s I was living in Des Moines, IA and was able to watch Emergency! on TVland. I remember a couple great episodes from season 6, like "Isolation" and "Welcome to Santa Rosa County". The isolation epsiode was neat, especially when you google the the station used for the episode and see how much LA county has changed since emergency! The Santa Rosa County was neat as both Gage/DeSoto were on vacation, but were able to help people!!

Emergency! is one of those shows I can watch over and over again due to resces by FF/Paramedic and/or the fires or other work done by the Fire Department!

The movies are a little mixed up, especialy the "Greatest Rescues aired on December 31, 1978", which was before the two episodes in Seattle (Gage and DeSoto were still paramedics). It is too bad they did not due a reunion film united the Station 51 staff together. I realized that both Gage/DeSoto were promoted to captain as such they were assigned to new stations.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I started watching in the 70's as a small kid. I LOVED Dixie!!! The whole series is on Netflix and I love sitting down and picking episodes at random.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Among my favorite shows as a kid. All my friends had that matchbox truck, all of em!

I was very happy with how well it held up. I watched it on TV Land too, years back when I still had satellite. Now I have DVDs. LOVE pulling those out.

The episode that stayed with me from seeing it as a kid was the one where the guy swallows a beer can pull tab. That scared me to death since my daddy did the same thing! I told him to stop. He did... well, when I wasn't looking. Luckily mom made him stop drinking beer altogether. lol

Since buying and watching the DVDs, up to season 4, I have a ton of favorites.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am wondering if next year the complete series will be released with extras, i.e. good morning america interview and/or other reunion or gag reals. The set if release could have the cross over episode from Sierra or an episode from Emergency+4.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
I've been watching S6 on Netflix and I'm amazed at how beautiful the HD transfers are. I also believe the couch in the station S6 is the same couch on Rockford Files. :lol:

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If this received a complete series release, then the first priority would be giving us remastered seasons for 3-5. I know that S6 was remastered post-Universal fire for DVD and looks terrific, but were S3-5 remastered for online viewing after they'd already been released on DVD in the older substandard transfers?

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
What I've seen of S5 on Netflix looks good and seems to be HD. I think S4 is really crappy even on Netflix.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Does S5 have the original opening or the more familiar syndication opening that was originally part of S6 only?

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack P said:
Does S5 have the original opening or the more familiar syndication opening that was originally part of S6 only?
It has what appears to be the original theme. It's certainly "different" and I love it!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
While browsing Netflix last night, it showed The Wedsworth-Townsend Act available as a two-parter whereas before it's never been available for viewing. I know it's obviously split in two parts for obvious purposes. Oddly, though, the version on Netflix has the S5 opening music and has Johnny and Roy reminiscing and it then cuts back to the actual episode. I don't recall ever seeing it like that before.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I'm currently viewing season 2 on Netflix and the HD streams i've viewed thus far are gorgeous. I really think that when it comes to vintage TV in HD, streaming is the way to go. Studios should consider putting out more classic TV shows in HD via streaming services such as iTunes or Vudu.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I decided to watch the "Snakebite" episode as it is one my favorites. The initial sequence with guys coming back from vacation and helping a car accident. It brought back memories as a kid when I was on vacation in Sudbury, Ontario and we were driving down the highway and came across truck/train accident. My father who was a FF sprung into action to help the driver!! It was something to see and experience!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
younger1968 said:
I decided to watch the "Snakebite" episode as it is one my favorites. The initial sequence with guys coming back from vacation and helping a car accident. It brought back memories as a kid when I was on vacation in Sudbury, Ontario and we were driving down the highway and came across truck/train accident. My father who was a FF sprung into action to help the driver!! It was something to see and experience!
The surprise when Dr. Frick walks in! Johnny and Roy expecting someone older.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Ron1973 said:
While browsing Netflix last night, it showed The Wedsworth-Townsend Act available as a two-parter whereas before it's never been available for viewing. I know it's obviously split in two parts for obvious purposes. Oddly, though, the version on Netflix has the S5 opening music and has Johnny and Roy reminiscing and it then cuts back to the actual episode. I don't recall ever seeing it like that before.
That's because it was reaired that way during S5 as a two-part episode.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
The good thing about emergency is many of their rescues are still done today. If you ignore the clothes and the car then you are still seeing events that actually happen today. The show should be applauded on its ability to show different scenarios faced by a fire department on a regular basis. Yes, technology has help the paramedics, but the reality is the rescues the fire department are involved with are the same ones today that happen back in the 1970s.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack P said:
That's because it was reaired that way during S5 as a two-part episode.
I had a feeling it must have been that way. I've saw it in its original form without the S5 wrap-arounds. It was sort of weird that Netflix had it on S1 instead of S5.
younger1968 said:
The good thing about emergency is many of their rescues are still done today. If you ignore the clothes and the car then you are still seeing events that actually happen today. The show should be applauded on its ability to show different scenarios faced by a fire department on a regular basis. Yes, technology has help the paramedics, but the reality is the rescues the fire department are involved with are the same ones today that happen back in the 1970s.
A lot of the clothes were hideous without a doubt. I have to say, though, some of Dr. Brackett's ties in the later seasons weren't overly hideous and some of his shirts would probably work today. The rest of the cast wardrobe not so much!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There is a great facebook page dedicated to Emergency! that you may wish to join!

There has been some discussion on both Emergency! +4 and Sierra. Sierra seems to have some deep issues with licensing, which is sad if that is the case!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
younger1968 said:
There is a great facebook page dedicated to Emergency! that you may wish to join!

There has been some discussion on both Emergency! +4 and Sierra. Sierra seems to have some deep issues with licensing, which is sad if that is the case!
I already am in a Emergency! fan page but I wonder if it's the same one? I've already "liked" Randolph Mantooth's page as well.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Ron1973 said:
I already am in a Emergency! fan page but I wonder if it's the same one? I've already "liked" Randolph Mantooth's page as well.
Hey Ron, it is called

[*]The Emergency- Station 51 Club

The moderator seems to be in touched with the actors/producers. I have asked about Sierra and she said she spoke to the composer and he said it is very doubtful that Sierra will ever be released. I guess we can wait and see what happens. I am the internal optimist and believe that there is possibility for everything to be released.
[/list]

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
younger1968 said:
Hey Ron, it is called

[*]The Emergency- Station 51 Club

The moderator seems to be in touched with the actors/producers. I have asked about Sierra and she said she spoke to the composer and he said it is very doubtful that Sierra will ever be released. I guess we can wait and see what happens. I am the internal optimist and believe that there is possibility for everything to be released.
[/list]
Many thanks! I wasn't aware of that one and just did a join request. I bet my kids would like it, too. My oldest (17) loves Adam-12 and Emergency! both. I don't want to trash modern TV for those who like it but I'm certainly proud that all three of my teenagers gravitate toward the classic stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks