What's new

Embarrasing habits.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Listening to a Radio bit on WPlJ with Rocky Allen. He was discussing how it's completly disgusting to see people pick your nose in public.

While I don't do that :), I did once have an ear ich that was just bugging the hell out of me. So i took my index finger, did a quick little rub with the fingernail, and noticed one lady staring at me as we walked by. Quickly took my finger out and plan to make a note not to do that again. :)

would you walk up to someone and tell them to just stop it, or would you walk by without saying a word? :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Some people seem to have the inclination to stare at such things. I tend to take in what's happening pretty quickly and just look away. Never mind approaching someone about it.

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
If I have an itch in my ear, I itch it. If you dont like it you dont have to watch!

GordonL

Supporting Actor
I can see how other people picking my nose in public would be disgusting. I usually tell them to go pick their own nose! :D

Picking one's nose in public seems to be a cultural thing. I read somewhere once that only "Western" countries think it's disgusting but it's acceptable everywhere else.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

:laugh:

Hey we all need to clean house sometimes. When I pick; I pick in peace or real quickly if in public.

"Its not a pick; its a scratch!"
"Thou shall not pick!"

:D

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Or, as George Carlin once said, "You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose - but you can't pick your friend's nose." :)

Joe

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Things I don't like seeing in public, a short list:

- Don't clip your fingernails in public, especially at the airport or hanging out in the lobby of a hotel (worse even: in a restaurant).
- Don't abuse your kids in public, don't yell at them or tug their arms forcefully or, worse, slap them around.
- Don't take your shoes off and rub your bare (obviously hot, tired, achey, obviously unclean) feet with your bare hands in public. If you do, I'm going to be watching to see that you wash those hands afterwards.
- In the same vein, I believe flip flops are a bad habit we've gotten into. I don't want to see your fucking feet, hippy dude. Especially in a restaurant or a food court or even next to me on the airplane. YUCK! Put some shoes on.
- Wear a tie with baseball caps on it, but don't wear a baseball cap and a tie. (I know that's not really a "bad habit," but it's clown shit and gets on my nerves.)
- Don't spit. For goodness sake there's an epidemic of spitting happening in our cities. And it just so happens that every time I look your way, you happen to be spitting; it never fails. Who spits so much? I never ever spit unless a bug flies in my mouth or something (which never happens, see next bullet)
- Close your mouth. What are you doing, catching flies?
- Don't litter. Here in the city, I see people actually walk past trash pails to throw garbage down the storm drains clearly marked "DON'T DUMP, CHESAPEAKE BAY DRAINAGE." Don't dump! This means YOU! And this goes for you freaks in your VW microbuses with the "Don't Litter" bumper stickers who think nothing of tossing your non-decomposable fiberglass cigarette filters out the window. Is the world your ashtray?...

... I guess I went a tad off topic. What the hell am I doing surfing the web on a perfectly good Friday night anyway? Sheesh. :angry:

MC

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I have no dispute with any of the items listed except for the spitting.

I'm asthmatic and sometimes I physically need to get rid of congestion while i'm out, HOWEVER, I usually always do it behind a tree or into a bush when no one is looking, and I never, ever make noise while I do it.

It's sadly a routine part of life for an asthmatic, but at least i'm aware that it's gross and try to be discrete about it.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
John, you can spit. I give you permission. Just be discrete. Seems that anyone I glance at on the street, random glancing, picks that exact moment to spit. It's uncanny. And I don't think all these dirtbags are asthmatic.

Just another thing that drives me nuts.

MC

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor

My thoughts exactly, this bad habit drives me crazy. I especially love it when someone in the car in front of me does this and sends that nice shower of ashes on to my car.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member

This one guy driving in front of me unloaded an entire ashtray full of cigarettes out the window. All the cigs landed onto the hood and air intakes of my car. WTF? Smokers can be so damn disgusting sometimes.

I gave him a dirty look when I slowly passed him by (100 km/hr). I think he understood why.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Well, what is worse: A supermodel hot babe (versus the scary Kate Moss kinds) that smokes but looks great, rides limousines, and lives in a mansion with a dozen servants, or a non-smoking bachelor that didn't do dishes for a month? Hence the qualification. ;) :D

Christ: One day I will snap. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm with ya there! Truly DISGUSTING! Especially with men! I've actually seen it as pompous. Most guys (who wear flip flops or sandals) seem to have a bit of arrogance about them. I don't know what it is, but I've been observing it for quite some time now and it's definitely the shoes. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think you're onto something here! I'm seeing the same connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks