What's new

ELVIS THE MOVIE DVD AUGUST 2007 (1 Viewer)

Eric Ten

Grip
Real Name
Eric Tengren
firstlookstudios
John carpenter's Elvis tv movie starring Kurt russell is coming out finally according to this dvd site.

Elvis
Directed By: John Carpenter
Starring: Kurt Russell, Shelly Winters, Season Hubley, Bing Russell, Pat Hingle
Genres: TV MOVIE , Drama

Kurt Russell portrays The King from his beginnings as a 35-dollar-a-week truck driver to one of the most popular music and film stars the world has ever seen. As the film opens Elvis is about to return to the stage in his heroic Las Vegas comeback show. Alone in his hotel room Elvis flashes back to his past, a lifetime away. He remembers his rebellious youth at Humes High School in Tupelo, Mississippi, his early days in Memphis, and then his meteoric rise to fame and fortune and the one true love of his life…Priscilla. Elvis also features Shelley Winters in a strong performance as his beloved mother Gladys, Kurt's dad Bing Russell as Elvis' dad Vernon, and Pat Hingle as his shady manager, Colonel Parker. Country singer Ronnie McDowell does an uncanny job of recreating Elvis' singing vocals.

Product Information [DVD]
Running Time: 171 min.
Date Available: 8/7/2007
Catalog #: FLP - 80429
ISBN: 1592417418
UPC: 687797804297
MSRP: 14.98 USD

Special Features
Closed Captioning, Spanish Sub Titles

Other Details
Dialog Languages: English
Subtitle Language(s): Spanish
Closed Captioned: Yes

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I keep hearing about this one but have never actually seen it. How does it stack up to other Elvis biopics? I liked the 2-part mini-series CBS aired a couple of years ago entitled "Elvis" but was disappointed that it stopped at the '68 Comeback Special.

This one sounds interesting though. Pat Hingle as Colonel Tom Parker? Sounds like pretty good casting there.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
This is a fantastic movie. Shelley Winters is wonderful as Gladys Presley. Really a well done biopic. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

And as usual, Ronnie McDowell (who has done Elvis' singing voice in many movies) turned in a fantastic performance as well!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I remember seeing this on VHS and really liking it. I don;t remember it having such a long running time though. I'll definately be snapping this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks