ELVIS THE MOVIE DVD AUGUST 2007

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Eric Ten, May 19, 2007.

1. Eric Ten

Eric Ten Extra

firstlookstudios
    John carpenter's Elvis tv movie starring Kurt russell is coming out finally according to this dvd site.

Elvis
    Directed By: John Carpenter
    Starring: Kurt Russell, Shelly Winters, Season Hubley, Bing Russell, Pat Hingle
    Genres: TV MOVIE , Drama

Kurt Russell portrays The King from his beginnings as a 35-dollar-a-week truck driver to one of the most popular music and film stars the world has ever seen. As the film opens Elvis is about to return to the stage in his heroic Las Vegas comeback show. Alone in his hotel room Elvis flashes back to his past, a lifetime away. He remembers his rebellious youth at Humes High School in Tupelo, Mississippi, his early days in Memphis, and then his meteoric rise to fame and fortune and the one true love of his life…Priscilla. Elvis also features Shelley Winters in a strong performance as his beloved mother Gladys, Kurt's dad Bing Russell as Elvis' dad Vernon, and Pat Hingle as his shady manager, Colonel Parker. Country singer Ronnie McDowell does an uncanny job of recreating Elvis' singing vocals.

Product Information [DVD]
    Running Time: 171 min.
    Date Available: 8/7/2007
    Catalog #: FLP - 80429
    ISBN: 1592417418
    UPC: 687797804297
    MSRP: 14.98 USD

Special Features
    Closed Captioning, Spanish Sub Titles

Other Details
    Dialog Languages: English
    Subtitle Language(s): Spanish
    Closed Captioned: Yes

2. MarkBirds

MarkBirds Stunt Coordinator

This is great news. I've been waiting for this one for a long time.

3. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I keep hearing about this one but have never actually seen it. How does it stack up to other Elvis biopics? I liked the 2-part mini-series CBS aired a couple of years ago entitled "Elvis" but was disappointed that it stopped at the '68 Comeback Special.

This one sounds interesting though. Pat Hingle as Colonel Tom Parker? Sounds like pretty good casting there.

4. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

This is a fantastic movie. Shelley Winters is wonderful as Gladys Presley. Really a well done biopic. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

5. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

And as usual, Ronnie McDowell (who has done Elvis' singing voice in many movies) turned in a fantastic performance as well!

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I'm always happy to hear that another John Carpenter movie is coming to DVD!

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I remember seeing this on VHS and really liking it. I don;t remember it having such a long running time though. I'll definately be snapping this up.