What's new

ELVIS:THE HOLLYWOOD COLLECTION ON AUGUST 7 (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll get the special editions for sure.

Anyone know exactly what this "uncensored" footage is on "This Is Elvis"??? I remember an old VHS version, that's it.

ryanCollins

Stunt Coordinator
yeah elvis fans always get get the short end from the goofy movie studios.
c'mon people at the studios let us have the material it's not fair to us as ep fans.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

Russell, I saw "This Is Elvis" on its original release to the theaters. I can tell you that the version that was released on VHS and laserdisc was alot different and toned down than what was shown in theaters. I remember Elvis making some comments (regarding his latest groupie experience) to his bodyguards that might make a teamster blush. LOL!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
There were two scenes that were cut after the theatrical release. In one, they are riding in the back of the car after a concert and somebody mentions a rocket launch. Elvis said he didn't see it because he was "buried in a beaver."

In another scene from the same tour, Elvis walks out of the dressing room wearing his glasses upside down and says to one of his guys that "the girl last night gave great head."

In both cases, Elvis knew a camera was rolling and said these things as a gag. They were never intended to be part of ELVIS ON TOUR.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Just in case some of you that have either HD DVD or Blueray and may not be aware yet - Viva Las Vegas and Jail House Rock will be released by Warners in both formats on September 18. Finally we are getting somewhere with older titles.

steve blake

Stunt Coordinator
I have the elvis hollywood collection on preorder from amazon,and I have just noticed the specs have changed form widescreen to fullscreen,surely this is a mistake by amazon?

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Steve - I just bought this set today - nice to have it ahead of schedule, and all of the films are widescreen. Charro! and Tickle Me mention the first time either has been released on video in the OAR of 2.40. No matter how silly, goofy of just plain simple I will be looking forward to watching all of them. Still beats most of the "Entertainment" that is churned out today.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait to get my hands on Viva Las Vegas (yes, it's my favorite Elvis film) with a long overdue stereo mix! That's why I didn't get the original DVD release- I kept hoping for a better version, and now it's due to arrive soon!

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor

It was never, ever released or mixed for stereo, so had there not been sharp minds at Warner, you might have waited forever. This isn't going to be a fake 5.1, but a real one from original elements (per their release).

I can't wait. I think most folks would agree that it's Elvis' very best movie.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I just saw this on the Digital Bits:

" 10-disc Elvis Blue Suade Collection ($127.82, titles TBA)" for October 09.

Anyone know what this is? If it has the delux editions in it, I'll skip buying the singles.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
VIVA LAS VEGAS had 3 songs which were recorded at the soundtrack session for the film, but never used. They were You're the Boss, Night Life and Do the Vega. I have never seen a shooting script so I don't know if these were actually filmed, but I did see them listed on a foreign poster for the film - so who knows!

Apparently, HARUM SCARUM and SPEEDWAY had songs in the overseas prints which were cut in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks