What's new

Elementary (CBS) - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Enjoyed this week's episode quite a lot with a case that ended up being more complex than it at first seemed. I did evntually figure it out before the solution was revealed, but it was good nevertheless.

I can't say I was entirely pleased with Irene Adler turning up alive. They've got some 'splain' to do!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Risk Management A solid episode.Really enjoyed it. With Irene alive, it seems Moriarty really wants to mess with Holmes.Two hour season finale next week.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm not sure how I feel about the Moriarty reveal. I won't belittle it by saying they just feminized the character. I think I'd be more fine with it if the actress were older, but then it wouldn't have fit the other identity.It's interesting the season didn't end with a cliffhanger, which is actually kind of refreshing.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
It's interesting the season didn't end with a cliffhanger, which is actually kind of refreshing.
If the season ended with the reveal that would have been quite a cliffhanger to think about all summer.

I'm not sure that the whole first hour plot completely holds together with the reveal.

Moriarty seems to want to have Porter killed because Porter was "clumsy" in revealing the connection between the house where Adler was being kept and Porter. The clue that revealed that was the rare paint. With the Moriarty reveal this part of the plot just doesn't seem to hold to me. You can't order the purchase of a rare paint and be disappointed that this paint was ordered at the same time - that doesn't seem consistent with the intelligence of the character.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I watched the two-hour episode last night, and really enjoyed it. When it was over, I turned to my wife and asked her if she believed Holmes really did defeat Moriarty. I'm only speculating here, but my initial guess is 'no,' although she said it's quite possible given what she's read of the two characters over many years. I'm curious if this is the last we've seen of Moriarty.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Found it to be a splendid season finale, and the second hour should be Jonny Lee Miller's Emmy submission episode.

I LOVED that there was no obvious cliffhanger; what a refreshing change of pace! I'm sure this isn't the last we've seen of Moriarty by a long shot.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I also doubt Moriarty is done with Holmes.

I enjoyed the finale overall, but certain things were telegraphed (unavoidably?), like Holmes overdosing, but with 15 minutes left to go. And by the time Moriarty sidled up to him on the bed, I figured she'd been caught. I was half expecting to hear a pair of handcuffs go "click."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Of course, Moriarty isn't done with Holmes. She loves him too much as these two former lovers will do intellectual battles in the future.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have to admit that this carries the love/hate relationship to new levels. I'm really looking forward to season two.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I thoroughly enjoyed the finale. I'm actually kinda shocked they found and "jailed" the Moriarty character so quickly. I could have lived with a pseudo Moriarty reveal by having Adler stick around for a few episodes of season two...and one of her henchman taken a false Moriarty fall(many ways for a "crime boss" to pull that off).

Overall well done...I just wish it had been dragged on...as like maybe Adler was in danger and Holmes saved her from the "Moriarty fall" person...

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I like the finale as well.

Definitely liked that there wasn't a cliffhanger. if I like a show, I'm going to come back next season. All a cliffhanger does if frustrate me.As for Moriarty/Irene being jailed - come on, do we really think she will stay in jail (provided she isn't freed/released before she gets there)? You don't keep the Napoleon Of Crime in jail.

David

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
David Weicker said:
I like the finale as well.

Definitely liked that there wasn't a cliffhanger. if I like a show, I'm going to come back next season. All a cliffhanger does if frustrate me.As for Moriarty/Irene being jailed - come on, do we really think she will stay in jail (provided she isn't freed/released before she gets there)? You don't keep the Napoleon Of Crime in jail.

David
Not with her bragging about how smart she is and how good her organization is so we can expect a jail break next season.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I think Moriarty has already broken out, as that's not really Moriarty in jail. Where have you guys been?

;)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
NeilO said:
Moriarty seems to want to have Porter killed because Porter was "clumsy" in revealing the connection between the house where Adler was being kept and Porter. The clue that revealed that was the rare paint. With the Moriarty reveal this part of the plot just doesn't seem to hold to me. You can't order the purchase of a rare paint and be disappointed that this paint was ordered at the same time - that doesn't seem consistent with the intelligence of the character.
But you can expect your henchmen to be more careful in acquiring items that could be traced back to them, and ultimately to you.

Sorry, late to the party, only just caught up. Whew, that was quite a twist on Holmesian canon; and no, this isn't the last of Moriarty, no doubt she'll come up with something to get herself out, whether some legal ploy, or straight-up jail break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks