What's new

Elder Scrolls III Morrowind....First Impressions...WOW! (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
It has been reported that the fee will be an annual fee of only $49. Which is only $4.16 a month.
No. The /first year/ is $49, with the longterm plan being $9.99 for 'basic service'.

Do you think you'll be getting Star Wars Galaxies for that base $9.99?

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Sorry my bad about the incorrect fee. It would be hard for Microsoft to expect everyone to pay the $9.99 monthly fee with sites like Gamespy which offer online play for only $20 for membership.

The only bad thing about Gamespy is the lag I get sometimes when playing Halo. Microsoft better make sure there is no lag if people are expected to pay monthly. Pings should be below 60.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
if said:
Considering this thread is about Morrowind I am not sure how applicable any of this is. As for having to have broadband, Microsoft made no secret of this. The XBOX does not have a modem it has a NIC. If you have ever played any online games, players that have broadband tend to have an advantage over dial-up users. With XBOX it should be a fairly level playing field. I am sorry if broadband is not available where some people live or if they cannot afford it. Either way the XBOX is advertised broadband ready.
I do not know how it would be possible for Microsoft to charge a monthly fee for Morrowind as it is a single player game but may be you are on to something. As for patching Morrowind I am one of these naive people who hopes that the game is being delayed so that it would be published bug free.
Chris

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Christopher, people were discussing the possibility of downloading upgrades/mods for Morrorwind via the XBox network.

Noone mentioned monthly fees for Morrorwind, only you.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
My mistake. :b

So basically upgrades to certain games will (may?) be included in the basic fee for XBOX Live? I still don't see a problem with that but then I have already decided to sign up for XBOX Live and give it a chance. If it doesn't work out I figure all I am out is $49 ($79CDN).

Even if none of the above happens I am still quite excited about Morroweind coming to XBOX. I do not have a computer at home capable of running the PC version so I am more than willing to accept any or all of the limitations of the XBOX version.

Chris

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
As for patching Morrowind I am one of these naive people who hopes that the game is being delayed so that it would be published bug free.
That's most definitely why it's being delayed consistently. There was a comment in a recent interview with someone from the developer being a little 'sarcastic' at Microsoft's console testing system. It has to be stressed that their previous games were buggier than a very very very buggy thing. This is their first time through console QA I believe. It *will* be a wake-up call for them - a lot of the slop you can getaway with on the PC will be caught & failed by Microsoft/Sony/Ninty straightaway.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
It should be obvious that that's why Morrowind is taking longer on the Xbox.

The PC version is a bigger program in the fact that it also ships with the construction set. Xbox version doesn't.

So, how could a somewhat smaller program, being launched on a platform where there is ZERO compatibility problems (all Xbox's equal), take longer?

Because it has to be done right, the 1st time.

Bethesda must've released the pc version before everything was fixed, right? Because they can do the "release it now, fix it later" routine.

Hopefully, for the pc users, Morrowind isn't as buggy as the last games they released! Although, they'll just be patched up like usual, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks