What's new

El Topo coming soon from Criterion / Eclipse (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Over at the Criterion Forum (you have to register to read posts), someone who was interviewed for a job working on artwork for El Topo for Criterion posted their news and said that the transfer is complete and it should be coming soon. Astounding news. It may actually be an Eclipse release, the new esoteric sister label of Criterion which has been in the works for most of this year. Holy Mountain is likely to be released also, as I can't see it being licensed to any other company. We may also see other Jodorowsky titles, who knows.

Anyway, there you are. Take it for what it's worth at this stage: a rumour. But I for one believe the guy and am stoked!

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
...and in other news, the first ever snowstorm was reported in Hell today...

wonder what unthawed Klein?
could the guy who owns BLADE RUNNER be next?
---

I thought HVE was Criterions esoteric sister label...

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

No. HVE was a distributor (they were recently purchased by Image Entertainment). While they had business ventures with Criterion (they had ~50% of Criterion's distribution and they had an acquisition venture entitled The Classic Collection where they split rights to certain films), they were never part of the same company. They were always separate companies, never "sisters" or anything like that.

As for this news, I'm skeptical. Anyone who was interviewed for such a position and posted true information of that sort can kiss that position goodbye. We've also had other similar rumors from people claiming to work for/with Criterion, saying things such as that King Kong is in the works. I'll believe it when Criterion announces it and not a second sooner.

DJ

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
There was a thread, in this very Forum, on this very topic a couple of months back, though, to the effect that Jadorowsky's magic piss-off-the-money-people potion had finally worn off, and that a release would be forthcoming in a year or so.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
>>Wouldn't un-thawing be freezing?
---
eh, im losing my mind

heres hoping he THAWS...

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
great news...El Topo has been on my must see list for a long time...just never got around to seeing it...man it's a great time to be alive for fans of esoteric cinema :)

Ike

Screenwriter
I rented the current Raro DVD and didn't find much fault with it, but it is a bit prohibitively expensive with the included Holy Mountain which is apparently a terrible transfer. I would certainly buy an American uncensored edition.

Jeff Kuykendall

Stunt Coordinator
It's been over a year since Jodorowsky announced in Toronto that his feud with Klein was over and that the films would be coming out on DVD. I hope we're at least a little closer to the real thing. I'm getting impatient!
Would it be possible to get an undubbed print of either film?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks