What's new

Ekornes Stressless Recliner = Heaven? (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Do any of you own one of these? A co-worker is selling one and after having a chance to sit in it I have so say it's about the most ocomfortable damn chair I've ever been in. Are they all like this? Does that initial comfort wear off after owning it? And how much do they generally go for new?

He's asking $900, which seems a little pricey for a chair that's only in good shape. The base is scuffed up and the leather is a little beat up in places too, but it's so damn comfy I want one of these chairs now. If they sell new for $2000 or something like that, $900 starts to look like a better deal.

Thanks.

John Miles

Stunt Coordinator
I like mine a lot. Good quality -- I've used it as my desk chair on a "daily driver" basis for six or seven years and it's still in good shape. I'll bet they can be had for less money than that, though... surf around on eBay's completed-items search before paying $900.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I agree that they're absolutely wonderful. I have three of them for the front row in my screening room. They're perfectly comfortable for a long movie, reading, just about anything.

-greg

JohnE

Supporting Actor
I'd love one, but they retail for £1500 each over here.
That's what I'm worried about. That kind of money for any chair is out of my league. Makes think that maybe the $900 isn't such a bad deal. Hell, for that much cash maybe I should just go buy a nice leather Lazy Boy......but the Ekornes are sooooo comfortable.:frowning:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
My father has two in his home and they are very comfortable, IMO. Though I'm not sure about if you pay full retail for them, they can be very pricey. The difference between the models usually is the double stitching, the wheel bearings and the general sizing.

Jay

DaveMcS

Second Unit
got mine from the clearance room in the Furniture store I work in. Retail was $1600. I paid $600. By far the MOST COMFORTABLE chair EVER. Leather is so soft... Mechanism is smooth and infinitely adjustable for individuals (recline pressure depends on your weight). Head portion of the chair tilts forward to allow perfect postion to keep watching TV to...

Beware of the many knockoffs by other companies. They LOOK similar but lack the fit and finish of the Ekornes chairs
Make sure your are getting a real Ekornes..it's worth it

:emoji_thumbsup:

PaulT

Supporting Actor
I work on a 5 year old Norwegian seismic ship and we have Ekornes chairs in both our TV lounges. They get hard use 24/7 and have yet to wear out in the 5 years since they were purchased (in Norway where they are made).

I took my wife to try them out at a store in Canada where she looked at them an hummed and haaa'ed until she sat in one and fell in love with it. Unfortunately they list for 2000CDN (about 1500US) for the model we looked at, so if we do purchase they will be bought one at a time.

As Dave says above, I have seen cheaper knock offs and I suspect quality will be the reason for the price difference.

DaveMcS

Second Unit
Specifically, Palliser produces ekornes-like seating..they appear the same..but they arent. if you can.find a retailer that carries both brands and see what I mean. The leater is far softer on the Ekornes. The tubular steel frame on the ekornes feaures a unique head support system...

Heck I've gushed enough about these to customers on the showroom floor..that Ive sold 3 of them..and I'm not even one of the salespeople. They really are THAT good!

Sonney

Auditioning
Real Name
Rene Sonney
[COLOR= black]Caution, do not trust Ekornes.
We bought a few years ago, for an amount greater than 10,000 $ chairs Stressless. We bought quality leather upper. Two years after buying, the leather was peeling. We reported the problem to Ekornes. This house has promised to change the leather, but was unable to find the same color, so it does nothing since 3 years now. Be careful, Ekornes is expensive, but not serious. [/COLOR]

EkornesForLife

Auditioning
Real Name
Tamie
I love mine and they come with 10 year Guarantee.

10 year warranty on internal mechanism

We guarantee the internal mechanism of our recliners for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase of the product. The 10 year guarantee covers the Plus™-system and the internal metal frame, including the metal springs and gliding system. It does not cover damage to leather or woodwork or any faults or damage caused by the use of the product other than in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, as well as any faults or damage arising from any repairs made by any persons not authorised by the manufacturer.

We have had First recliner for 12 years, We love it. We have now added an entire home theater collection. They are Pricey but its one of those cases where you get what you pay for...its beyond worth it.

Tamie

5onthego

Auditioning
Real Name
l greene
Tamie:

We are considering purchasing an ekornes home theater set up for 6. Can you please tell me what you ordered an what you think so far?

matt-holmes

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt Holmes
I found an Ekornes Stressless knockoff you might like. It’s Stanley Chair. It doesn’t look like it has as nice of features, but the price is more reasonable and it looks very similar.

Sharry

Auditioning
Real Name
Shareen
I have been wanting to buy a recliner chair for myself and I have found recliner chairs on GoWFB.com since I am a US Shopper. I was amazed on the sale price they have right now on Stanley Chairs.

Randy-Smith

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy Smith
I found another website that sells Stanley Chair recliners. It's GoRecliners.com. It's easy to search the website. I think it's just for Americans. Just posting this in case there are Americans reading.

DISTRESSEE

Auditioning
Real Name
Bruce Randall
Hi everybody! I am a very happy owner of a stressless recliner,but have only one problem, my chair is leather and I have a serious allergy to leather. At the time I bought my leather stressless recliner, all dealers in the USA stocked nothing but leather stressless recliners. I was in a desperate need for a recliner chair since my lazy boy recliner broke and my serious back problems could not wait six months, as told by the dealer, to special order the micro fiber chair that I initially wanted. My skin will accept cotton fleece or microfiber material with no allergic reactions, so my question for anyone out there who might be knowledgeable in this matter is; Does Ekornes or a reputable third party,anywhere, make a slip on cover made of cotton fleece or microfiber material for their stressless leather recliner chair?? I paid about $4,000 for my chair and I love it so I would hate to have to give it up and be faced with the expensive option of buying another chair. Thanks in Advance, Bruce in Distress

DISTRESSEE

Auditioning
Real Name
Bruce Randall
Hi JohnE! I am a happy owner of a leather stressless recliner which i paid about $4,000 including accessories and it is worth it even if you end up paying $2,000 or full price of a new one. But, it would be worth it if you already had a stressless in need of repair to have it reupholstered if it would be significantly cheaper than buying new. Read my posted message in this thread. If you have back or neck problems this stressless chair is an effective and durable cure for it! it beats going to doctors or chiropractors - for that reason alone it's worth it. it is a very comfortable chair and built like a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks