What's new

eiki lc-xb28 (1 Viewer)

toddshannan95

Auditioning
Real Name
todd
Hi, everyone. We are turning a old game room into something for the kids to watch movies and play their x-box. I have found an Eiki LC-XB28 projector for $300.00. I don't know alot about projectors but liked the idea of a 110" screen. Would this projector work with satelite tv, movies and x-box. also is the priceabout right. Thanks for any help, Todd

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Hi Todd,

Do you have a budget in mind? For $300 it will be difficult to find much that will be a suitable projector for movies and games. Although the model you listed supports HD resolutions of 720p and 1080i, it's really a 4x3 aspect ratio projector with a native pixel resolution of 1024x768. Most likely it was initially intended for business use. The contrast ratio (even though the numbers are notoriously subjective) is pretty low at 450:1, and it doesn't have any HDMI input. It seems to have decent brightness, which would support a larger screen, but the low contrast ratio would be a deal-breaker for me.

Looking at new projectors, the Optoma HD65 is a very highly-rated 720p projector that can be found for about $700 (not including a mount and cable). If you're ceiling mounting, a universal mount might run about $100 and for cables, you can get 25' in-wall HDMI cables from monoprice.com.

If this is pushing beyond your budget, then you may have to consider the used market - but I would suggest looking up any potential projectors on the projectorcentral website to compare.

You can also save some cash by going with a DIY screen and putting the money reserved for a screen into the projector fund. There are many people on this forum that can offer suggestions for building or even painting your screen for well under $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks