What's new

Eight is Enough (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I remember that too. When Tommy get's "The present."

Anyone remember the spinoff with David that only lasted a season?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I like that story. I wonder how close to her character in Romy and Michelle Camryn is. Seems like she has a sense of humor.

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

It was never a series. It was a 2-part episode that was a "back door pilot" that failed to lead to a series.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

Nah, it was the episode where David became a shirtless disco dancer at Studio 54 and was mistakenly arrested on sodomy charges. That episode was actually very controversial at the time and has since been withheld from the syndication packages. I'd be interested to see if it pops up on the dvd.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Does anyone know whatever became of some of the cast members?

I know that Willie Aames went on to become the religious superhero, Bibleman:

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Was there any mention from Warner whether or not they plan to release this? This was a very popular show during the 70's. I'll bet most of the cast would probably be available for interviews and commentary too.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood

Well apparently Adam Rich who played Nicholas has been in and out of Rehab a number of times. Darn and I was named after the character...

I don't know if I've ever seen the show at least the whole way through, so I'd be interested to see this come to dvd.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
This one's on my list too. Who knows (release)? Whoever figures out this TV/DVD industry gets my vote for genius of the 21st century :D

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Mark Hamill apparently left the show after a few episodes due to getting the part of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
I think this show needs to be released while Dick Van Patten and Betty Buckley are still alive to do commentary. I'm suspect the rest of the cast would be available (with the exception of Lani O'Grady - R.I.P.) for interviews/commentary as well.

C'mon Warner Bros! Get the lead out and greenlight this thing! Eight is Enough was a hit and fans have been waiting patiently.

Jon Baker

Second Unit

I would hope that once the show gets release they'll leave it in. I'm really looking forward the this release. I imagine Warner will release a season 1 & 2 set since the first season contained only a handful of episodes. I hope to see an inclusion of commentaries by some of the cast members.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Don't know if this rumor is true, but I'm hearing that the next Tarantino/Rodriguez venture is going to be based on the alleged South Korean kidnapping of actress Susan Richardson. Hopefully this will be an incentive for a DVD release of this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks