What's new

Eerie, Indiana...on the way at last! (1 Viewer)

John*P

Second Unit
So...is this set in stores or what? I didn't check Best Buy or Circuit City yet, but Wal-Mart, FYE, K-Mart and a few other places didn't get it over here. DavisDVD recently said it would "street" on October 12th, but Gord wasn't sure if it would be in stores...has anyone seen it anywhere?

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
I just received my set from DDD today, and it looks as if there may be two versions (packaging-wise, at least).

The set I received is five discs in normal cases with the "three episodes" error on the back, as described in a few places already. However, while waiting for the set to arrive, a few weeks ago I swear I saw a set in a B&M that was in thin packs with no error on the back. I remember checking it out and wondering what the reviews I had seen were talking about, because I couldn't find any mistake on the thing.

So can anyone confirm this? Is there any discussion of this elsewhere that I couldn't find? If there are indeed two versions, is it just the packaging that's different, or are there differences in the content, as well (I doubt it)? In any case, I'll try to get back to the store in question tomorrow and see if I'm remembering correctly or if it was just some wishful-thinking fantasy I had.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Norman --

I got my Eerie set from Amazon.com and it is indeed the latter set which you described: 5 thin paks in a case with NO erroneous mention of the earlier 3-disc set on the back cover. All 19 eps, of course...3 on the first disc, and 4 on each of the other discs.

BMG Special Products 75517478949

I don't have the earlier set, and I haven't even had a chance to pop any of these into a player yet, so I can't help with the content comparison.

Tech blurb on back cover:

Remastered in 5.1 Surround Sound
Instant Episode Access
Full Motion Interactive Menus

So, you were NOT imaging this set. :)

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
Thanks for the help, Linda. You just saved me a trip tomorrow. A trip that would probably end with me buying yet more stuff I don't need. :)

So now I guess the question is if there's any way I could exchange this unopened set for the newer, smaller one, either with DDD or BMG, because I'd really like that set instead, for those completely irrational reasons most of us understand. Hmmm...

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Norman...you could always buy the other set at one retailer and then return the one you got from DDD with the receipt.

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
My worry with that is that with two clearly different packages, I'll get an astute clerk who will say, "We never stocked this version." Thanks for the idea, though. If I come across someplace that has both, I'll have to seriously consider it.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
That's true as it's probably a different UPC code. As much $ as we drop at Best Buy/Circuit City and places like them...I wouldn't feel bad about trying heh.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I just bought my set at Border's. I found it interesting that, after opening the set, each individual slim case was sealed as well.

I can't wait to get home and relive some fond Sunday night memories. ;)

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
Not that anyone cares, but I ended up sending the big box back to DDD and buying the improved one at Best Buy. At $23.99, minus the three Best Buy Bucks I had, the only difference was the tax (and cholesterol, I guess).

And like Rhoq, I can't wait to dig in. I didn't know if I could take much more of that sealed box's taunting as it sat on my shelf.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I watched the first disc. While the show is a bit more "for kids" than I remembered, I still find myself enjoying it just like I did 10 or so years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks